1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

3D issues

Support for the native Plex Client on any platform
ElBalsero

3D issues

Post by ElBalsero »

Hi all,

I am giving a try to the PLEX client and I am quite positively surprised on how this works. I really like it.

I found some issues with 3D films that I would like to verify here.

The fist thing that I noticed is that no one of my 3D films (all being mkv HSBS) is marked by the MrMC GUI as 3D. I mean that when I am browsing my collection in my ATV I can see for every film several badges with information like 5.1, H.64, 1080, h.264, or 3D. Before using the PLEX client, the appearance of the 3D badge was totally related to the file name. If I was adding "3D.HSBS" at the end of the file name, the film was recognised to be 3D. I fully understand that when using the PLEX client one of the consequences is that MrMC cannot see the file names anymore.

My question is then, how are now 3D films recognised by MrMC when using PLEX?

I made some research and I found that plex also can recognise 3D films out of the information added to the file name and then pass this information to the Media player, but I have tried all the combinations I found and no one seems to be arriving right to MrMC.

Can you help me with this one?

Regards,

Daniel
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: 3D issues

Post by davilla »

There is very little in terms of official plex server documentation so it could be we are just missing parsing the xml field for this item. So if we knew what to look for, we could tag it.
ElBalsero

Post by ElBalsero »

Hi Davilla,

Thanks for your answer. The reason why this is important for me is for the MrMC in the mobile devices. When an identified 3D HSBS film plays in MrMC in my iPhone or iPad, it is shown a menu to choose the playing mode. Then I can choose 2D and watch the film normally. If the film is not identified then the question is never asked and the Side By Side screen with the images for the two eyes is played. In ATV is just annoying since then I have to manually switch the mode, but it is not terrible.

Anyway, if you give me some information perhaps I can help to find what we are looking for. I have been having a look to the loggers because strangely enough, some of my 3D films are actually recognised as 3D in the moment of playing (even when the badge is never there) and I do get the question in iPhone and iPad about the mode that would like to use and my APTV switches mode automatically. What I found is that in those cases the video stream itself contains the info

18:46:45 T:6161756160 INFO: ffmpeg[16F44F000]: Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1920x1080, SAR 2:1 DAR 32:9, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default) (forced)
18:46:45 T:6161756160 INFO: ffmpeg[16F44F000]: Metadata:
18:46:45 T:6161756160 INFO: ffmpeg[16F44F000]: stereo_mode : left_right
18:46:45 T:6161756160 INFO: ffmpeg[16F44F000]: Side data:
18:46:45 T:6161756160 INFO: ffmpeg[16F44F000]: stereo3d: side by side

But I don´t think that this is what we are looking for since I have also learnt that it has nothing to do with the file naming and seems to be some metainformation that will only be sent at the moment of playing and not all the 3D films would contain.

So if PLEX was sending something based on the file naming:
- Can I find that in the MrMC loggers?
- Any special logger that I need to activate in the debug options?
- At what moment would it be sent? When entering the films directory and the available films are shown since I understand that this info is not cached by MrMC but retrieved from the PMS every time?

I can have a look and perhaps we are lucky...

Daniel
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

there is no user setting to increase the amount of plex logging, there's a compile define but this dumps a massive amount.

praying to google -> https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/11380 ... -and-2d/p1
ElBalsero

Post by ElBalsero »

Hi Davilla,

In the post that you suggest they explain how to manually change the "Title" tag without affecting the PLEX parsing. And yes, that would work. Those manual tags can then be found by MrMC in the XML file of the film (MediaContainer - Video - title) and used. The disadvantage that I see in this approach is that it requires manual actions besides the regular change of filename to match the Kodi standard naming.

I have researched further and asking some developers and apparently PSM is not adding any tag based in the file name. BUT they did give me a good clue that I think it can be used. The thing is that actually MrMC does have access to the original name of the file just a little bit below the manually accessible tags (MediaContainer - Video - Media - Part - file). There MrMC can see the original file name in the PLEX server and apply the Kodi standard naming criteria to see if the film is 3D (if it contains 3D-HSBS).

Here you have a pastebin of a PLEX XML file for you to find the tags that I am referring to http://pastebin.com/cHF6s9Vz

Would this work?

Regards,

Daniel
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

see https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/blob/maste ... xUtils.cpp , line 387.

item.GetVideoInfoTag()->m_strServiceFile = XMLUtils::GetAttribute(partNode, "file");

m_strServiceFile is used right now for seeding search for external subtitles. So we already have the original file path/name saved for each media item.

Now I just have to find where in the code the 3D match is done and factor in all possible flavors ( "3D_H-SBS" in your example).

EDIT:
m_stereoscopicregex_3d = "[-. _]3d[-. _]";
m_stereoscopicregex_sbs = "[-. _]h?sbs[-. _]";

there's the regedit for it.

if DVDPlayer.cpp
hint.stereo_mode = CStereoscopicsManager::GetInstance().DetectStereoModeByString(m_item.GetPath());

but m_item.GetPath is the http path, not the original file name. Let me think on best way to handle this. DVDPlayer should not need to know about Services like Plex (and soon Emby).
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

ElBalsero

Post by ElBalsero »

Wow! Excellent! and quite elegantly resolved :-)

Next release then?

Thanks a lot.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

yep, in for next release which will be 3.0.3. No ETA on it yet.
ElBalsero

Post by ElBalsero »

Hi Davilla,
Now that 3.0.3 has been released I'm trying this again.
I've tried in ATV, iPhone and iPad. It works in the three of them. Now MrMC detects 100% of the times that the film is 3D and it presents me with the menu to choose if I want to reproduce 3D or 2D and how. That's perfect.
There is a minor issue in iPhone and iPad though and it's that the 3D badge is not shown for those films. ATV shows it together with all the others (5.1, H.64, 1080...) when browsing and when requesting the film information. In iPhone and iPad the badges are only shown normally when requesting information, but the 3D information badge is not there, even when now MrMC knows that it is 3D.
Can you have a look to this?
Thanks a lot.
Daniel

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk