1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Movies not pulling in 3.7.0

Support for the native Plex Client on any platform
Morien

Movies not pulling in 3.7.0

Post by Morien »

Hey guys,

I installed 3.7.0 today the first moment I could, but unfortunately ran into a snag.

I have tried to connect to Plex but my files (Movies and TV Shows) don't show up.

I'm running on tvOS 11.4.1, fresh install of MrMC (tried removing and reinstalling twice) and my Plex servers are all up to date. 3.6.2 was running fine as a Plex client before moving to 3.7.0, and Plex continues to work via the Plex app, and via a non-pro enabled Infuse.

I have tried logging into the Plex server via PIN and via User/Pass, but both just end up showing a standard "Media Sources" screen.

The log can be found here.

A second log using GDM servers (I can see it sees my servers but 'loses' them) can be seen here.

Is this a bug? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Thank you

Also, think I found a bug. By going into Media Sources>Playlists>Video Playlists I am unable to exit back. I have to force close MrMc to get back.

Thanks
Morien
YonathanZ

Re: Movies not pulling in 3.7.0

Post by YonathanZ »

Same issue but using a Fire TV 3rd gen (pendant). App is useless at the current state.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

there have been some reports that disabling secure connection helps, could you try that to see if it solves your problem

https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... =20#p20441

it runs for us and all the TestFlight testers as expected, we need to get to the bottom of whats different on your setup and why you are not able to connect
YonathanZ

Post by YonathanZ »

amet wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 13:55 there have been some reports that disabling secure connection helps, could you try that to see if it solves your problem

https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... =20#p20441

it runs for us and all the TestFlight testers as expected, we need to get to the bottom of whats different on your setup and why you are not able to connect
mrmc connects to my Plex server (after I enter the pin code), it even changes from “sign in” to “sign out” and shows my Plex email account. The problem is that it does not show any content.

Still, where is this secure connection setting that you mentioned? I’ll give it a try.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

It’s in plex server settings
YonathanZ

Post by YonathanZ »

For a second I had “movies” and “tv shows” under “video” but they were gone after a few seconds. Now it only says “add videos...”.

Also, when I switch to the amber skin, the content is shown. However this skin is hideous.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

YonathanZ wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:04 For a second I had “movies” and “tv shows” under “video” but they were gone after a few seconds. Now it only says “add videos...”.

Also, when I switch to the amber skin, the content is shown. However this skin is hideous.
On the home screen of Ariana go into the hard drives icon at the top right and choose your Plex server if you've connected MrMC to your Plex account. On a fresh install it seems this has to be done. Once it's done, it continues to work.
YonathanZ

Post by YonathanZ »

cosmoxl wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 17:28
YonathanZ wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:04 For a second I had “movies” and “tv shows” under “video” but they were gone after a few seconds. Now it only says “add videos...”.

On the home screen of Ariana go into the hard drives icon at the top right and choose your Plex server if you've connected MrMC to your Plex account. On a fresh install it seems this has to be done. Once it's done, it continues to work.
Nice, looks decent, thank you!. I don’t dig the grey background but it’s good overall, pretty much like Plex’s own interface except it’s smoother and more responsive. Now I just need to get lossless audio passthrough to work. :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

cosmoxl wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 17:28

I have it in my to-do for 3.7.1
convertapple

Post by convertapple »

I encountered this same issue on ATV4 where the MrMc Plex client showed no libraries, but setting Secure Connections = disabled fixed it. However this then 'breaks' the normal Plex app from working, so it's not a viable solution. It used to work OK what happened?

I prefer Plex app for listening to music as it shows lyrics (lrc/txt files) but prefer MrMc client for movies as I don't want any transcoding (slow server) and there is no way to turn it off 100% in Plex itself.

I hadn't used my ATV for a while but FireTV MrMc has been showing lots of audio sync issues recently, especially on hevc videos.

Thanks