1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

2.4 Stutter after switching to 23,976Hz

FireTV Video playback support subforum
vlaves

2.4 Stutter after switching to 23,976Hz

Post by vlaves »

Hello together,

verry happy to see the 2.4 Version released. Set the Fire TV to automatically choose best refreshrate, then set MrMC to change Refreshrate and it is switching to 24p prefectly whn playing an 1080p h264 file, but it has lags and stutters all the time (mediacodec surface). Turning off hardware acceleration results in perfect playback at correct refresh rate. If I set MrMC to not change refresh rate the file plays perfectly thogh at wrong refreshrate but without the lag and wthout stutter.

Is there something broken with refresh rate switching and hardware acceleration?
Any more information needed?

Thanks for your support :)
cosmoxl

Re: 2.4 Stutter after switching to 23,976Hz

Post by cosmoxl »

I cannot confirm any problems related to hardware acceleration of video. But, I can confirm problems with refresh rate switching.

To get problematic videos working I have to :
1) disable passthrough (they would passthrough dolby digital otherwise)
2) disable pause during refresh rate change
3) set my buffer much higher. It's at 200MB right now. I haven't tested to see how low I can go and have it still work.

If passthrough is enabled, any video that defaults to a dolby digital track will pause and not be able to refill the buffer. If I disable passthrough then re-enable it within the video settings, it'll begin to passthrough and play but the audio queue saturation may begin to fall and cause skipping of video frames and dropping of audio. weird. some hiccup there for sure.

Here are logs for passthrough enabled for dolby digital.

First half http://pastebin.com/GC2pnFjU
second half http://pastebin.com/RHACXrk5

More logs where I disable passthrough and re-enable as video is playing. First it pauses until I disable passthrough. then you can see that as playback continues with passthrough re-enabled the audio queue saturation falters and video frames skip.

http://pastebin.com/H6UhGzjb
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

The re-sync after a display change can be twitchy, the issue is we don't really know when the display is done switching and stable. During the display switch, the entire hdmi sub-system basically goes away. That hits rendering, player (both audio and video) and audio engine. Everyone must be re-synced.

The only thing right now that controls that is pause after display change. The default is 4 seconds. Make it longer.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:The re-sync after a display change can be twitchy, the issue is we don't really know when the display is done switching and stable. During the display switch, the entire hdmi sub-system basically goes away. That hits rendering, player (both audio and video) and audio engine. Everyone must be re-synced.

The only thing right now that controls that is pause after display change. The default is 4 seconds. Make it longer.
Thanks so much for the quick reply :) That did the Trick :) Working awsomly :)

Thank you so much for MrMC :)
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

vlaves wrote:
davilla wrote:The re-sync after a display change can be twitchy, the issue is we don't really know when the display is done switching and stable. During the display switch, the entire hdmi sub-system basically goes away. That hits rendering, player (both audio and video) and audio engine. Everyone must be re-synced.

Thanks so much for the quick reply :) That did the Trick :) Working awsomly :)

Thank you so much for MrMC :)
okay, still have stutter with mediacodec surface, it wasn't fixed by increasing the seconds to wait for refreshrate changes. :(
Will post logs.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

UPDATE: all is working perfectly now :) It was due to network problems, now with WLAN repeater all works perfectly :)