1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Poor performance on FireTV

FireTV Video playback support subforum
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Poor performance on FireTV

Post by davilla »

Very strange, sample plays fine for about a min, then slowly a/v sync is lost and falls behind.

Same sample on atv4 does not have any problems. Even more strange, atv4 has two CPUs, very powerful but only two. FireTV has four CPUs and it's not even using the fourth one at all. So not a lack of ponies issue but something else. As I see drops, that means renderer is falling behind, the why is where to investigate.

Need to diddle some code changes and poke deeper as both should not have any problem playing this type of content.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Interesting, if I force ffmpeg to use the same number of threads as tvOS (atv4), plays perfect.

DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg - open frame threaded with 3 threads

vs

DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg - open frame threaded with 6 threads
jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 »

Glad i was of some sort of help - thought i was going a bit mad!

Is that change something that has to go in a build or can it be changed in advanced settings?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

jamesp26 wrote:Glad i was of some sort of help - thought i was going a bit mad!

Is that change something that has to go in a build or can it be changed in advanced settings?
As we are still waiting on amazon dev approval for 4k, there is still a window open. Needs more testing to check for side effects.
jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 »

If you want me to test i am more than happy to. I chuck a lot of live tv and other files at MrMc (my wife has it on most of the day). We will find issues pretty quickly.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote:Interesting, if I force ffmpeg to use the same number of threads as tvOS (atv4), plays perfect.

vs

do you also control the number of threads with mediacodec? just wondering if thread count was the reason why it stutters with 1080i h264.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote:
davilla wrote:Interesting, if I force ffmpeg to use the same number of threads as tvOS (atv4), plays perfect.

vs

do you also control the number of threads with mediacodec? just wondering if thread count was the reason why it stutters with 1080i h264.
No, Mediacodec has issues with interlaced because it's not really a supported format for it.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

jamesp26 wrote:If you want me to test i am more than happy to. I chuck a lot of live tv and other files at MrMc (my wife has it on most of the day). We will find issues pretty quickly.
Unfortunately, Amazon had nothing like Apple's TestFlight and we do not provide self install downloads for a variety of reasons.
jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 »

Fair enough - makes sense. If there is anything i can let me know.....
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

change will be in v2.4