1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Poor performance on FireTV

FireTV Video playback support subforum
jamesp26

Poor performance on FireTV

Post by jamesp26 » 25 Jul 2016, 21:33

Hi,

I recently bought a firetv in the hope if would replace my Appletv4 (which is terrible for UK apps, but a great unit!). However, i am getting lots of stutter and dropped frames in Mrmc with 1080i content.

I am wondering if I have a faulty unit, as i have audio sync issues in some apps (including prime). Before sending it back and getting a replacement, would somebody be able to verify that the following file plays fine in MrMc (its 1080i from BBC - athletics):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwR6ZE ... sp=sharing

After about 20 seconds, it drops frames like mad (seems to jump to 10mbs). Plays absolutely fine on the Appletv, Ipad and my Andriod phone (using SPMC).

I've tried lots of settings, but settled on turning all video acceleration off (no mediacodec). Using Bob - inverted and everything is set to 50hz.

If its just a case that the FireTV can't cope with the demands of livetv, i will just get a refund. But looking at the forums most people seem to be viewing livetv just fine.

Thanks for any help.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Poor performance on FireTV

Post by davilla » 25 Jul 2016, 22:09

It's not livetv, it's using mediacodec with interlaced content. v2.4 will vector all interlaced content to software decode (FFMpeg).

I see you have tried that. would like to see mrmc.log with debug enabled please. Email to support@mrmc.tv.

jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 » 26 Jul 2016, 13:27

Logs are here:

Note, when i enabled the logs the first time i ran the video I had mediacodec enabled. I disabled and then ran again.

One think about the file, it is a live TV .ts files but i cut it to the part that had dropped frames using avidemux. I could only export it as a mkv from that. If you want I still have the original .ts file. It plays exactly the same

James

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 26 Jul 2016, 14:01

jamesp26 wrote:Hi,

I recently bought a firetv in the hope if would replace my Appletv4 (which is terrible for UK apps, but a great unit!). However, i am getting lots of stutter and dropped frames in Mrmc with 1080i content.

I am wondering if I have a faulty unit, as i have audio sync issues in some apps (including prime). Before sending it back and getting a replacement, would somebody be able to verify that the following file plays fine in MrMc (its 1080i from BBC - athletics):

After about 20 seconds, it drops frames like mad (seems to jump to 10mbs). Plays absolutely fine on the Appletv, Ipad and my Andriod phone (using SPMC).

I've tried lots of settings, but settled on turning all video acceleration off (no mediacodec). Using Bob - inverted and everything is set to 50hz.

If its just a case that the FireTV can't cope with the demands of livetv, i will just get a refund. But looking at the forums most people seem to be viewing livetv just fine.

Thanks for any help.
you "settled" on turning off video acceleration. so does that mean that your TV plays properly with mediacodec off?

jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 » 26 Jul 2016, 15:22

Yes. I disabled mediacodec and mediacodec surface.

Live tv doesn't work well with them set. My mp4 collection is fine with mediacodec on.

J

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 26 Jul 2016, 15:48

turn off passthough, it does not work very well with livetv. v2.4 does that automatically.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 26 Jul 2016, 16:16

davilla wrote:turn off passthough, it does not work very well with livetv. v2.4 does that automatically.
passthrough and live tv?

jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 » 26 Jul 2016, 20:14

Disabled passthough and set number of channels to 2. Result is the same. When the bitrate increases to about 10mps i get lots of dropped frames. Appletv is fine.

I also tried the clip with deinterlacing switched off and the same happens, so its not an issue with bob - inverted. I tried it with a sideloaded SPMC and i get the same result.

I've included a log from me running it with audio passthrough disabled - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwR6ZE ... sp=sharing

And i've also uploaded the original tvheadend .ts file here if that helps you - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwR6ZE ... sp=sharing

Is it just a case that the firetv's ponies just dont have enough legs? Or do you think i have a bad unit? Does it play ok for you?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 26 Jul 2016, 20:18

Same problem playing the original tvheadend .ts file directly ?

I can test in a few hours, away from the box right now.

jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 » 26 Jul 2016, 20:25

Yes, it's the same. I only cut it to mkv to create a smaller clip.