1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

What is best on FireTV Mediacodec or Surface

FireTV Video playback support subforum
vlaves

What is best on FireTV Mediacodec or Surface

Post by vlaves »

Hi together,

I have turned of both mediacodec and mediacodec (Surface) as I seem to have sometimes stutter in Live TV (1080i h264) with either of it. :(
But I would like to have hardware acceleration for the rest of my videos.

Is it possible for the next release (2.4) to have it activated automatically on the Fire TV to use only mediacodec surface, as the new refresh rate and resolution switching is on the way, so anyway MrMC GUI @4k should be rendered in 1080p, right? But turn it of for interlaced LiveTV to automatically just use ffmpeg, would that make sence on the AFTV?

Or maybe I did something wrong in my settings?

Thanks for your support here nd dat awsome App :)

Regards
Vlaves
cosmoxl

Re: What is best on FireTV Mediacodec or Surface

Post by cosmoxl »

vlaves wrote:Hi together,

I have turned of both mediacodec and mediacodec (Surface) as I seem to have sometimes stutter in Live TV (1080i h264) with either of it. :(
But I would like to have hardware acceleration for the rest of my videos.

Is it possible for the next release (2.4) to have it activated automatically on the Fire TV to use only mediacodec surface, as the new refresh rate and resolution switching is on the way, so anyway MrMC GUI @4k should be rendered in 1080p, right? But turn it of for interlaced LiveTV to automatically just use ffmpeg, would that make sence on the AFTV?

Or maybe I did something wrong in my settings?

Thanks for your support here nd dat awsome App :)

Regards
Vlaves
I read in another thread that they will vector 1080i h264 to ffmpeg because currently mediacodec has the problem you see. So you should be able to turn on hardware acceleration for the other video types. This will be in the 2.4 release I believe.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Yes, interlaced h264 will be vectored to software decode. but there are actually two forms of interlaced h264. The 1st we can detect early and pick the software decoder, the 2nd form has interlace attributes deep in side the demux packet and we cannot detect it until after the codec is already open. Grrr, silly specs, go figure :)

In order, mediacodec(surface) is best, then mediacodec, then ffmpeg (or software).

Mpeg2 will also get vectored to software decoder. It is not listed as format for mediacodec, but some platforms have it, most some don't so we just decided to vector all mpeg2 video to software and be done with it.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:Yes, interlaced h264 will be vectored to software decode. but there are actually two forms of interlaced h264. The 1st we can detect early and pick the software decoder, the 2nd form has interlace attributes deep in side the demux packet and we cannot detect it until after the codec is already open. Grrr, silly specs, go figure :)

In order, mediacodec(surface) is best, then mediacodec, then ffmpeg (or software).

Mpeg2 will also get vectored to software decoder. It is not listed as format for mediacodec, but some platforms have it, most some don't so we just decided to vector all mpeg2 video to software and be done with it.
Thanks for the reply :) Will be den possible, while already doing everything in software to add 2x yadif to the AFTV as it seems it is already working on arm in SPMC? Then with the new features from 2.4 it will be the perfect player :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

v2.4 is closed for new features, it's headed towards release now.

yadif additions are something on the plate to add.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:v2.4 is closed for new features, it's headed towards release now.

yadif additions are something on the plate to add.
Awsome great to hear dat :) Thanks a lot for all your support :)