1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC (Fire TV): Features request

FireTV Video playback support subforum
DotWin

MrMC (Fire TV): Features request

Post by DotWin »

Hi!

First, I want to say thank you for bringing a decent Media Center App to the App Stores of Apple and Amazon.
I purchased the iOS and Fire TV versions and I am quite happy with both of them.
I even wrote a positive review on the German Amazon App Store.

Of course there are still some things I would like MrMC to implement.
Therefore here is my personal features request for the Fire TV App which maybe you can take into account when working on updates:

1. DVD folder (VIDEO_TS) playback with full DVD menu or the possibility to open IFO files of unprotected DVDs:
I have many personal TV recordings which I authored in DVD compatible format and put on my NAS.
These can be played perfectly in Kodi, but they do not within MrMC, yet.

2. "Hide - Programs" under "Skin settings -> Home window":
As user add-ons are not supported, I would like to hide the "Programs" window within the main window because I do not see any reason for still having it there.

3. "Add-ons" removed from all media sections ("Pictures", "Videos", "Music"):
As user add-ons are not supported, I do not see any reason to have them mentioned anywhere within MrMC.

4. Back-up MrMC settings function:
I would like to have the possibility to back up the MrMC settings into a file/folder and restore them later, for example on another Fire TV.

5. Option to exit MrMC immediately:
To exit MrMC correctly I select the Power Button on the bottom left, but then I have to confirm that I want to quit the App.
I would like MrMC to close immediately when selecting the Power Button.
In regular Kodi this can be achieved by modifiying "Home.xml" within "\addons\skin.confluence\720p\":
<description>Power push button</description>
[...]
<onclick>Quit</onclick>
At least an option to set this behavior in MrMC would be nice.

6. "Weather" screen:
This is not a priority, but somehow I miss the weather screen.
I know, that this would be an add-on, but maybe there is another way to implement weather in MrMC.
Personally, I prefer "Yahoo Weather", but any reliable International weather service would do.

Please keep up the good work!
I am looking forward to future updates improving on an already very good App.
Thanks once again!