1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

As no auto refresh change is there - is on Fire TV "Sync to display" present like on ATV4?

FireTV Video playback support subforum
vlaves

As no auto refresh change is there - is on Fire TV "Sync to display" present like on ATV4?

Post by vlaves »

Hi,

as like on the Apple TV, the Fire TV is also not allowing MrMC to automatically change the refresh rate of the device. Is in the Fire TV version the "Sync to display" fiunction there too?
If yes, with SPMC I had issues SPMC not getting the real refreshrate on Fire TVs, which seems to be fixed by koying here https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/a ... 8fa5184103. I would guess that this is implemented in MrMC too?

Thanks for all you support here :)

regards
Vlaves
vlaves

Re: As no auto refresh change is there - is on Fire TV "Sync to display" present like on ATV4?

Post by vlaves »

can someone of the devs please comment on that?

Thanks you
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: As no auto refresh change is there - is on Fire TV "Sync to display" present like on ATV4?

Post by davilla »

"Sync to display" is present.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:"Sync to display" is present.
Thanks for d answer. But is it working?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

vlaves wrote:
of course, why would we leave a setting exposed if it does not work ? :)
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:
vlaves wrote:
of course, why would we leave a setting exposed if it does not work ? :)
:D yeah of course, just asking, cause in SPMC it is not working for me. I'm running FireTV 4k at 1080p/50Hz nd a 23.xx/24p movie should be speed up to 25p speed as far as I understood, but SPMC is not getting d real Refresh rate of d screen. And as its similar code base, thout I ask better :)
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Unless mrmc fixed it from spmc, aftv2 + 50hz is currently not working.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

koying wrote:Unless mrmc fixed it from spmc, aftv2 + 50hz is currently not working.
Not heard of any complaints about 50hz displays and MrMC, either iOS/tvOS or FireOS.

Remember, MrMC is renderer/player from v17. SPMC is v16 based.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:
koying wrote:Unless mrmc fixed it from spmc, aftv2 + 50hz is currently not working.
Not heard of any complaints about 50hz displays and MrMC, either iOS/tvOS or FireOS.

Remember, MrMC is renderer/player from v17. SPMC is v16 based.
Okay, not getting it now. Can someone please test if it is working and confirm? Or does it mean cause MrMC is v16 that it is working for sure?

Thanks for ur support :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

MrMC is renderer/player from v17, rest from v16 to maintain database compatibility.

changing refreshrate on Fire TV wait until we get support from Amazon on how to do this. Our request for this and other things have been elevated to the engineering team.