1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

What are the deinterlacing options on the Fire TV version

FireTV Video playback support subforum
vlaves

What are the deinterlacing options on the Fire TV version

Post by vlaves »

Hi,

thanks for the Fire TV Version, finally "Kodi" within the store, easely updateable, more stable, more how I would Kodi on Android always to be :)
Ok at least I guess regarding stability as I only had bought the Apple TV Version, but returned the TV as Amazon Prime was missing...
Now that this is released, I'm really curious to have it on my Fire TV2 to test. Just before I buy it on that platform I would like to know what deinterlacing options the FireTV version has? If it is only bob and bob-inverted, are you planning to implement some more advanced methods in future versions?

Thanks for this great Software :)

Regards
Vlaves
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: What are the deinterlacing options on the Fire TV version

Post by davilla »

bob and bob-inverted are the only options. The others require much more ponies than pretty much any android/ios/tvos device can provide. However there does seem to be some work for more advanced deinterlacers in ffmpeg. We just have to wait and see what those bring.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:bob and bob-inverted are the only options. The others require much more ponies than pretty much any android/ios/tvos device can provide. However there does seem to be some work for more advanced deinterlacers in ffmpeg. We just have to wait and see what those bring.
Thanks for the quick response :)
But I see those deinterlacing options being renamed from "deinterlace" to "yadif" and added in SPMC. And as far as I understood, this deinterlacing is for also not done in hardware, as on the Shield (koyings main platform) hardware deinterlacing is not provided.
So I thought it is done in software completely... See here: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/d ... 2f9962e421

Maybe on a Fire TV 2, "yadif half" could be done in Software, which would still be better then bob or bob-inverted, right?
Only in case of course if the obove link is doing what I think it is adding to SPMC :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Humm, will take a peek and see. That was from 16 days ago and our version syncs was from before that.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:Humm, will take a peek and see. That was from 16 days ago and our version syncs was from before that.
Thought so, so wanted to point it out and of course I hope you will be able in case it is working to port/sync it to MrMC. I guess for the AFTV2 this might be working in software only, at least I hope :)
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote:Humm, will take a peek and see. That was from 16 days ago and our version syncs was from before that.
Just bought MrMC for the Fire TV too so wanted to ask if more advanced deinterlacing options are coming to MrMC? Did you have a chance to look at it?