1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC & FireTV Stick/Basic

FireTV Video playback support subforum
endizs

MrMC & FireTV Stick/Basic

Post by endizs »

Does MrMC direct play plex content on the FireTV Stick/Basic? I mostly have scene x264/h264 content.

Before I make the purchase, i want to make sure that my server won't be transcoding content, I had a terrible experience in the past with the native plex client and a cheap android box.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: MrMC & FireTV Stick/Basic

Post by davilla »

endizs wrote: 03 May 2018, 20:40 Does MrMC direct play plex content on the FireTV Stick/Basic? I mostly have scene x264/h264 content.

Before I make the purchase, i want to make sure that my server won't be transcoding content, I had a terrible experience in the past with the native plex client and a cheap android box.
yes, it will direct play via plex but if the internal player does not support hw decoding the video format, it will be sw decoded. ie HEVC on firetv1
endizs

Re: MrMC & FireTV Stick/Basic

Post by endizs »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm ok with that because i don't have any HEVC content yet. Seems like Fire TV Stick + MrMC is the most cost effective plex player for direct playing x264 content! Excited for the plex add-on to be finally released (approved) on the amazon platform! :) Thanks again.