1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

impressed by playback-options and quality on FireTV 2

FireTV Video playback support subforum
SaEt9000

impressed by playback-options and quality on FireTV 2

Post by SaEt9000 »

Hi,

some weeks ago, I decided to buy the MrMC Mediacenter app.

With my first post here in this forum, I would like to give the developers all my appreciation for this nice kodi-fork. :)
And please: go on developing this app. :D

As I bought my FireTV2 - and I am familiar with android-boxes since some years - I thought it would be a good idea to use this device not only for amazon and netflix video, but as video player as well. I had to learn, that the FiretV has its limitations espacially with interlaced h264-content.
So, MrMc is the first MediaCenter and Mediaplayer, which is able to play all my h264videos smooth, without stutters and errors on FireTv2.
The available configuration settings decoding interlaced-video in software only, but all the others with hardware-acceleration is a really smart idea! :D

I am not a developer but interested and with some programmer knowledge. So - what is the secret - or the reason - why MrMc can decode this files smooth (and it seems with enabled deinterlacer) but in the opposit to that kodi 17.x has small stutters and spmc (16.x) is getting errors on difficult parts like cut-szenes?

Thanks
SaEt9000
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: impressed by playback-options and quality on FireTV 2

Post by davilla »

SaEt9000 wrote: 11 Jun 2017, 14:53 Hi,

some weeks ago, I decided to buy the MrMC Mediacenter app.

With my first post here in this forum, I would like to give the developers all my appreciation for this nice kodi-fork. :)
And please: go on developing this app. :D

As I bought my FireTV2 - and I am familiar with android-boxes since some years - I thought it would be a good idea to use this device not only for amazon and netflix video, but as video player as well. I had to learn, that the FiretV has its limitations espacially with interlaced h264-content.
So, MrMc is the first MediaCenter and Mediaplayer, which is able to play all my h264videos smooth, without stutters and errors on FireTv2.
The available configuration settings decoding interlaced-video in software only, but all the others with hardware-acceleration is a really smart idea! :D

I am not a developer but interested and with some programmer knowledge. So - what is the secret - or the reason - why MrMc can decode this files smooth (and it seems with enabled deinterlacer) but in the opposit to that kodi 17.x has small stutters and spmc (16.x) is getting errors on difficult parts like cut-szenes?

Thanks
SaEt9000
Thanks for the words of support.

Simple, kodi 17.x devs (aside from koying) just don't have a clue about supporting embedded devices like android and iOS/tvOS. As long as they keep assuming that other platforms are like desktop, it's epic fail time.

Non-desktop platforms require thought about precious CPU/GPU resources and thinking way outside the box regarding the impact of all behavior. You just don't have tons of ponies to force your way around issues.

I'm the one that brought XBMC to embedded are in the 1st place. Yes I'm a 'retired' XBMC/Kodi dev :) XBMC ports to AppleTV1/AppleTV2/iOS and Android are my babies as well as a few others that never saw the light of day. So you could say, I known a great deal about embedded platforms.
SaEt9000

Re: impressed by playback-options and quality on FireTV 2

Post by SaEt9000 »

Hi davilla,

Thanks for your quick answer.
Your name/alias sounds familiar for me - of course from kodi environment.
It sounds logical, what you are telling me. Really difficult to believe, that developers (for other OS) should not be able to understand, that you have to enable all needed ressources first for a working technical environment.

But thats a topic, where I am really not deep enough involved to understand all the different opinions. For me - as a user of android devices @home - it is good to know that develeopers like you or koying are still developing active the kodi-sources for android.

SaEt9000