1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

FireTV Stick LiveTV issues

FireTV Video playback support subforum
danofun

FireTV Stick LiveTV issues

Post by danofun »

I'm currently running MrMC 3.0.0 on a 1st gen FireTV stick (Fire OS 5.2.1.2). Mediacoded (surface) works brilliantly on my content with the exception of USA based MPEG2 Live TV served up via tvheadend. Audio plays fine but the video is playing at ~1/2 speed. Disabling hardware acceleration and de-interlacing does not help the situation. I see there is on-going discussion on the "MrMC v3.0.0 on Amazon" News thread regarding mediacodec and de-interlacing but did not want to hijack that thread. Is the problem I'm experiencing a known issue?

FWIW, on SPMC mpeg2video plays significantly better but still experiences occasional dropped frames. However, the hardware acceleration is not nearly as efficient as MrMC with h264 content as it uses ~3x the CPUs processing power.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Debug log
http://pastebin.com/xGGAmnuc
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: FireTV Stick LiveTV issues

Post by davilla »

I'll take a look, your FireTV Stick is a dual core arm7. Not the fastest thing around but there might be something going on with arm7 based platforms.

EDIT: note that no firetv device supports hw decode of mpeg2 video content.
danofun

Post by danofun »

davilla wrote:I'll take a look, your FireTV Stick is a dual core arm7. Not the fastest thing around but there might be something going on with arm7 based platforms.

EDIT: note that no firetv device supports hw decode of mpeg2 video content.
Greatly appreciated! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'm quite impressed with the level of support I'm seeing all across this forum. Well done.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

possible progress :)
danofun

Post by danofun »

davilla wrote:possible progress :)
Wonderful! Will eagerly await more details. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
danofun

Post by danofun »

FWIW, same results in 3.0.1
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

danofun wrote:FWIW, same results in 3.0.1
debuglog please
danofun

Post by danofun »

davilla wrote:
danofun wrote:FWIW, same results in 3.0.1
debuglog please
Default acceleration settings, Mediacodec (surface) enabled. Changing the acceleration method to Mediacodec, Mediacodec (surface) & Mediacodec, and disabling acceleration has no effect. Changing deinterlace method has no effect. Disabling deinterlace has no effect. All scenarios result in slow video playback while the audio continues to distance itself. Due to the fact that the settings have no effect on the playback is it correct to assume acceleration is not working on fire stick 1 during mpeg2 playback? Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/iHsHtqdT
beaglenz

Post by beaglenz »

Hi, did anyone ever get this resolved? I have nearly got the settings right so that TV is watchable but I would like to know what the ideal settings are for the latest Fire Stick