1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Post Reply
cosmoxl
Posts: 708
Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 14:16

PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Post by cosmoxl » 15 Sep 2016, 00:39

I just noticed that a dolby truehd track that's 96khz only outputs as stereo 48khz on the fire tv (2nd gen).

I already knew that the apple tv 4 can't do more than 48khz but at least it outputs this track as 5.1. :o

Sometimes I just want to go back to playing everything off my Oppo BDP....

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2269
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Post by davilla » 15 Sep 2016, 14:52

cosmoxl wrote:I just noticed that a dolby truehd track that's 96khz only outputs as stereo 48khz on the fire tv (2nd gen).

I already knew that the apple tv 4 can't do more than 48khz but at least it outputs this track as 5.1. :o

Sometimes I just want to go back to playing everything off my Oppo BDP....
dolby truehd required IEC packing, and that means 192kHz sample rate. retest atv4 and see if it changed for not. next, I would need a sample to figure out why.

cosmoxl
Posts: 708
Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 14:16

Re: PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Post by cosmoxl » 15 Sep 2016, 15:22

davilla wrote:
cosmoxl wrote:I just noticed that a dolby truehd track that's 96khz only outputs as stereo 48khz on the fire tv (2nd gen).

I already knew that the apple tv 4 can't do more than 48khz but at least it outputs this track as 5.1. :o

Sometimes I just want to go back to playing everything off my Oppo BDP....
dolby truehd required IEC packing, and that means 192kHz sample rate. retest atv4 and see if it changed for not. next, I would need a sample to figure out why.
I'm not trying to passthrough truehd on either platform so not sure if the IEC packing matters.

Playback was tested on 2.6.3 on fire tv 2nd gen and the latest testflight on the ATV4.

48khz truehd tracks playback as they should on the fire tv or apple tv - 7.1 or 5.1.

but this 5.1 96khz truehd track from Oblivion gets output as stereo on the fire tv, 5.1 on the apple tv.

I'm looking for more samples of 96khz truehd files for testing.

mikehadfield
Posts: 48
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 09:03

Re: PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Post by mikehadfield » 27 May 2017, 13:49

I am having the same problem.

I have loads of DTS-HD and TRUE-HD tracks on movies that are 48khz, but have just been trying to playback the new Sgt Peppers 5.1 mixes (it has DTS-HD and TRUE-HD tracks but they are 96khz). My Sony amp shows that they are coming in as 48khz Stereo.

I have tried all the combinations of the various audio settings (enable pass through, disable pass through, support 8 channel DTS-HD audio decoding, pass-through options turned on/off etc) and nothing changes.

If I play the same file back in the official Plex app then it gets transposed to a DD+ stream (but is at least in stereo).

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2269
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Post by davilla » 27 May 2017, 13:52

AS I've mentioned before, I'd need samples to investigate this.

mikehadfield
Posts: 48
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 09:03

Re: PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Post by mikehadfield » 27 May 2017, 13:59

I am happy to provide you with a sample file (of both a DTS-HD and Dolby-TrueHD).
What is the best way for me to get it to you? I have my own cloud so could put it in there and send you a pm with the link. Is that ok?

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2269
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Post by davilla » 27 May 2017, 14:35

mikehadfield wrote:
27 May 2017, 13:59
I am happy to provide you with a sample file (of both a DTS-HD and Dolby-TrueHD).
What is the best way for me to get it to you? I have my own cloud so could put it in there and send you a pm with the link. Is that ok?
send links to support@mrmc.tv
thanks.

mikehadfield
Posts: 48
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 09:03

Re: PCM sampling rate hardware limitation?

Post by mikehadfield » 27 May 2017, 15:01

Ok. Just emailed you with a link to a sample file.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest