1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

[fixed] DTS broken in 2.4.0

Any issues that are FireTV specific
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: DTS broken in 2.4.0

Post by davilla » 12 Aug 2016, 13:08

Humm, seems like amazon pushed out v2.6 instead of waiting for the Alexa fix. Right hand/left hand issue ?

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 12 Aug 2016, 13:59

davilla wrote:Humm, seems like amazon pushed out v2.6 instead of waiting for the Alexa fix. Right hand/left hand issue ?
most likely.

so I confirm DTS passthrough working again. any progress towards dts-hd or is that just not going to be possible?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 12 Aug 2016, 14:57

cosmoxl wrote:
davilla wrote:Humm, seems like amazon pushed out v2.6 instead of waiting for the Alexa fix. Right hand/left hand issue ?
most likely.

so I confirm DTS passthrough working again. any progress towards dts-hd or is that just not going to be possible?
Needs support for 192000 sample rate to do HD audio formats. While FireTV specs say it supports it, not according to permitted rates we get back from Androids AudioTrack unit. The highest sample rate returned is 96000. You can see the probe of sample rates early in MrMC.log.

jbennett

Post by jbennett » 12 Aug 2016, 17:31

Can anyone please confirm that Dolby Digital passthrough still works on 2.6 for Fire TV? It may just be coincidence, but I've been unable to find any combination of settings that will pass DD through to my TV anymore, when I know it was working a couple days ago.

I only started screwing with the audio settings at all to test DTS passthrough, only to discover the irony that my cheapo TV with DTS-branded faux-surround won't actually decode a DTS soundtrack. :roll:

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 12 Aug 2016, 17:52

jbennett wrote:Can anyone please confirm that Dolby Digital passthrough still works on 2.6 for Fire TV? It may just be coincidence, but I've been unable to find any combination of settings that will pass DD through to my TV anymore, when I know it was working a couple days ago.

I only started screwing with the audio settings at all to test DTS passthrough, only to discover the irony that my cheapo TV with DTS-branded faux-surround won't actually decode a DTS soundtrack. :roll:
yes, DD passthrough still works. ;) maybe you have sync to display on in video playback settings?

jbennett

Post by jbennett » 12 Aug 2016, 18:15

cosmoxl wrote:yes, DD passthrough still works. ;) maybe you have sync to display on in video playback settings?
Yep, good catch. Dammit, that'll teach me to mess with more than one seemingly unrelated setting at a time... :oops:

Humrum

Post by Humrum » 13 Aug 2016, 22:38

Hi, is dts passthrough supposed to be working?
I've got the lastest version of mrmc, and got only static noise when opening a dts video with passthrough activated. When disabled it shows multi in at the receiver (denon x2200w).
Tried kodi stable version, nightly build and spmc, all gave me the same result...

Is atmos (or other hd audio) supported with any other app?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 13 Aug 2016, 22:54

Humrum wrote:Hi, is dts passthrough supposed to be working?
I've got the lastest version of mrmc, and got only static noise when opening a dts video with passthrough activated. When disabled it shows multi in at the receiver (denon x2200w).
Tried kodi stable version, nightly build and spmc, all gave me the same result...

Is atmos (or other hd audio) supported with any other app?
The denon x2200w is like my denon x3200W. anything below a 2015 x4200 is hit or miss for passthrough. It has to be IEC packed and some prayer. Known issue, denon refuses to fix it. Pissed me off as I just got the x3200w to replace denon-x1912. Luckly, the new Samsung UHDTV supports both DD and DTS passthrough so I could at least get dts passthrough fixed.

Humrum

Post by Humrum » 13 Aug 2016, 23:14

davilla wrote:The denon x2200w is like my denon x3200W. anything below a 2015 x4200 is hit or miss for passthrough. It has to be IEC packed and some prayer. Known issue, denon refuses to fix it. Pissed me off as I just got the x3200w to replace denon-x1912. Luckly, the new Samsung UHDTV supports both DD and DTS passthrough so I could at least get dts passthrough fixed.
Is this android related issue? Never had anything like this with my pc or laptop =/

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 14 Aug 2016, 02:29

Humrum wrote:
davilla wrote:The denon x2200w is like my denon x3200W. anything below a 2015 x4200 is hit or miss for passthrough. It has to be IEC packed and some prayer. Known issue, denon refuses to fix it. Pissed me off as I just got the x3200w to replace denon-x1912. Luckly, the new Samsung UHDTV supports both DD and DTS passthrough so I could at least get dts passthrough fixed.
Is this android related issue? Never had anything like this with my pc or laptop =/
That is because your pc/laptop does passthrough in a very different way than android. DD works because fireOS supports ENCODING_AC3 and ENCODING_E_AC3 in AudioTrack. ENCODING_DTS is not a supported format so we try the age old trick of faking it as PCM. This work provided the avr is not super picky like those denons. Works with my old denon x1912. Exact same setup fails under my denon x3200w. It's been a huge problem among AppleTV4 users that have those receivers.

Just an FYI, only a few years ago, the only Android devices that could do any form of passthrough were AMLogic devices and that involved didling things in the os file system that might or might not have the right permissions.