1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

[fixed] DTS broken in 2.4.0

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Humrum

Re: DTS broken in 2.4.0

Post by Humrum » 14 Aug 2016, 02:50

davilla wrote:That is because your pc/laptop does passthrough in a very different way than android. DD works because fireOS supports ENCODING_AC3 and ENCODING_E_AC3 in AudioTrack. ENCODING_DTS is not a supported format so we try the age old trick of faking it as PCM. This work provided the avr is not super picky like those denons. Works with my old denon x1912. Exact same setup fails under my denon x3200w. It's been a huge problem among AppleTV4 users that have those receivers.

Just an FYI, only a few years ago, the only Android devices that could do any form of passthrough were AMLogic devices and that involved didling things in the os file system that might or might not have the right permissions.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation
Hope in the future Amazon adds the support for DTS.
Is the HD audio (dolby truehd and dts hd ma) passthrough on the same kind of limitation?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 14 Aug 2016, 03:59

Humrum wrote:
davilla wrote:That is because your pc/laptop does passthrough in a very different way than android. DD works because fireOS supports ENCODING_AC3 and ENCODING_E_AC3 in AudioTrack. ENCODING_DTS is not a supported format so we try the age old trick of faking it as PCM. This work provided the avr is not super picky like those denons. Works with my old denon x1912. Exact same setup fails under my denon x3200w. It's been a huge problem among AppleTV4 users that have those receivers.

Just an FYI, only a few years ago, the only Android devices that could do any form of passthrough were AMLogic devices and that involved didling things in the os file system that might or might not have the right permissions.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation
Hope in the future Amazon adds the support for DTS.
Is the HD audio (dolby truehd and dts hd ma) passthrough on the same kind of limitation?
yes but also add in missing the sample rate they need.

aureldelic

Re: [fixed] DTS broken in 2.4.0

Post by aureldelic » 18 Aug 2016, 10:55

I cannot get any passthrough audio to work on Fire Stick over HDMI to my Denon X-1200W. As far as I know, Denon has problems with recognizing stream so it's mostly white noise, and I use to get that on Kodi running on stick, but now I don't get anything.
I am not new to this, but is there concrete guide what settings must be enabled for this to work?
I get multichannel PCM but hey, it supports everything out there so I want to get it in original format to the receiver...
DD+ works natively from Netflix and Plex apps...

THanks

sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv » 28 Jul 2017, 02:31

Holger wrote:
10 Aug 2016, 09:57
Based on the discussion here I investigated my configuration in detail.

My AVR is capable to handle Multichannel PCM. I crosschecked with my BD Player. With the Fire TV 1st gen. I tried almost any Audio setting in MrMC but my AVR received always 2.0 channel PCM @48kHz by HDMI if passthrough is disabled.

So I am quite sure that this is a limitation from the 1st gen AFTV not to handle Multichannel PCM...
I'm struggling with exactly this too: Fire TV 1st gen, Denon AVR-3808CI only gets 2.0 PCM. Incompatibility between the Denon and Fire TV? Limitation of the FireTV 1st gen? Has anyone been able to get multi-channel PCM out of the FireTV 1st gen?

I tried AAC 5.1 which MrMC should decode to 5.1 PCM and also tried DTS-HD with the option for MrMC to decode it which again should convert it to multi-channel PCM, but all I see on my Denon display as input is DIG PCM FL and FR channels (2.0 that is). And the sound is weak in this mode, I'm thinking the rest of the 4 channels get dropped somehow and I truly only get the original FL and FR (or who knows which 2 channels) not even a down mix 5.1 -> 2.0
Last edited by sirmcftv on 28 Jul 2017, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 28 Jul 2017, 13:00

still waiting for that debiglog :)

sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv » 28 Jul 2017, 14:34

davilla wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 13:00
still waiting for that debiglog :)
Sent you a PM with it.