1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

24p playback

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Tonyj64

Re: 24p playback

Post by Tonyj64 »

Edit this my problems with judder and some sound issues seem to have been solved by unchecking sync playback to display while passthrough was enabled. Lol I know silly basic error all seems pretty good now. Thanks for the work.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

@Tonij64: Would it be possible for u to check, if sync to display is working, when passthrough is turned off nd the display is set to 50Hz? Thats still what I couldn't clarify from the forums here. Thanks in advance, would be great if you could test and reply back :)

@Tonij64 UPDATE: don't need to test in case you planned, see here: http://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=18 ... t=10#p4042
michel34

Post by michel34 »

Very new to this forum, hello everybody!

I am using 2 fire tv's 1st gen and one original fire tv stick. I am struggling to get 24p playback working.
On the fire tv's no matter if using mrmc, kodi 17 final or smbc 16.5 I get jerky playback when switching is enabled (far worse as if turned off).
I get jerky playback too when switching the aftv to 24p fixed.
I am using a Pioneer 8gen plasma. Only with the fire tv stick framerate switching seems to work, but overall performance is low, I often get dropped frames.
I even tried resetting devices to factory defaults to no avail.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thx
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

michel34 wrote:Very new to this forum, hello everybody!

I am using 2 fire tv's 1st gen and one original fire tv stick. I am struggling to get 24p playback working.
On the fire tv's no matter if using mrmc, kodi 17 final or smbc 16.5 I get jerky playback when switching is enabled (far worse as if turned off).
I get jerky playback too when switching the aftv to 24p fixed.
I am using a Pioneer 8gen plasma. Only with the fire tv stick framerate switching seems to work, but overall performance is low, I often get dropped frames.
I even tried resetting devices to factory defaults to no avail.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thx
Diddle with the display switch delay (ie make it longer).
michel34

Post by michel34 »

I went up to 12sec still terribly jerky playback unfortunately.
Same jerkiness I experience when turning the ftv to fixed 24p.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

michel34 wrote:I went up to 12sec still terribly jerky playback unfortunately.
Same jerkiness I experience when turning the ftv to fixed 24p.
debuglog then
michel34

Post by michel34 »

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Wait longer after the display switch before stopping video. I don't see any skipping after the video un-paused after the switch in the log.

Also noticed 'Airport 2', is this 802.11 or 802.11ac ?

EDIT: I would also install http://www.aftvnews.com/new-mynetlyzer- ... tv-sticks/ and check your signal/bandwidth.
michel34

Post by michel34 »

I think bandwith is not bad in my setup. Got gigabit and the firetv is connected via ethernet. Today played same movie from synology nas. Jerky playback as well, picture 'jumps' every 1 to 2 seconds. Tried to get a new log but old log is still remembered even after restarting firetv.
Thank you for your help
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Is playback ok if display switching is disabled ?