1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

DTS-HD and DD True HD passthrough...and Weather..

Any issues that are FireTV specific
stopparde01

Re: DTS-HD and DD True HD passthrough...and Weather..

Post by stopparde01 »

Ok, I did a few more experiments.

Downloaded the DTS-MA 7.1 and DD-TRUEHD 7.1 channel check here (click on the picture do download the actual audio file):

http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tr ... ssless.jpg

The DTS channel check only shows DTS not DTS-MA and it's 5.1, the DD goes to PCM but I have the rear surround speakers swapped with the left/right speakers (not sure if it is a wiring I have to check, looks unlikely though)

In MRMC I have passthrough enabled, DTS/Dolby capable receiver.
Hope this can help to use the same reference files to experiment/test. Any additional info needed please let me know.

--stoppa
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

stopparde01 wrote:Ok, I did a few more experiments.

Downloaded the DTS-MA 7.1 and DD-TRUEHD 7.1 channel check here (click on the picture do download the actual audio file):

The DTS channel check only shows DTS not DTS-MA and it's 5.1, the DD goes to PCM but I have the rear surround speakers swapped with the left/right speakers (not sure if it is a wiring I have to check, looks unlikely though)

In MRMC I have passthrough enabled, DTS/Dolby capable receiver.
Hope this can help to use the same reference files to experiment/test. Any additional info needed please let me know.

--stoppa

I also use those sound test files. The channels are correct for me. So, either MrMC is wrong and I have a channel crossed. Or MrMC is right and you have a channel crossed. :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

do you have "sync playback to display" enabled by any chance?

system -> video -> playback -> ‘sync playback to display’ , if that is on it disables passthrough and audio goes out as PCM
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote:do you have "sync playback to display" enabled by any chance?

system -> video -> playback -> ‘sync playback to display’ , if that is on it disables passthrough and audio goes out as PCM
I don't have that enabled. I get passthrough of DTS, not DTS-HD. Also, AC3 passthrough is fine.
stopparde01

Post by stopparde01 »

I do not have it enabled either.
I noticed that the audio output device is specified as "android,audiotrack".
On my x86 librelec, it shows Onkyo , hdmi. Not sure if is expected on the fire tv/android platform.
albertd

Post by albertd »

Same here, and this could be the issue. I've got it going in SPMC by enabling Passthrough, and then directly underneath (not at top) selecting "Android RAW Passthrough" as the "Passthrough output device."

Given this build of MrMC is tailored to the Fire one might presume this should be the only choice necessary, but I've noticed quite a few oddities within the app that don't suit the device.
stopparde01 wrote:I do not have it enabled either.
I noticed that the audio output device is specified as "android,audiotrack".
On my x86 librelec, it shows Onkyo , hdmi. Not sure if is expected on the fire tv/android platform.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

On android/fireOS, there is only one choice, android,audiotrack. There is nothing else to select.

Something going on with HD audio pass-through. I've retested and oh snap, not working right, it was working when we brought fireOS up. On the list for v2.5 as v2.4 is already frozen for pending release. For now, disable passthrough and use multi-channel PCM to get 7.1 audio.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Ok, looked into this again.

First, some background. On Android, passthrough can be handled many different ways depending on device and API version. The 1st devices that could do any form of passthrough were Amlogic devices. They have a hack in place where you diddle some kernel mode and passthrough audio (in IEC packing) is routed directly through, provided that the device audio volume is set to 100. Starting at API-22 (fireTV is API-22), the ability to pass non-IEC packed compressed audio was added. Then in API-23, support for IEC packed compressed audio was added.

For Amazon FireTV, it requires non-ICE packed passthrough as it is API-22. ENCODING_AC3 and ENCODING_E_AC3 are supported as non-IEC packed. These are via AudioTrack class. This now works and will be rolled into v2.4.

ENCODING_DOLBY_TRUEHD, ENCODING_DTS and ENCODING_DTS_HD are not supported and there is no way to shove it in and get it passed untouched. Once something in the OS audio path touches is, the encoding formatting is corrupted and you get out 'static' as audio. The only way to handle it is to decode and pass as multi-channel PCM. Until Amazon supports these three or adds ENCODING_IEC61937 (IEC packed).

Both SPMC and Kodi follow the same rules, the device capabilities determines what it can do.
albertd

Post by albertd »

davilla wrote:Ok, looked into this again.

ENCODING_DOLBY_TRUEHD, ENCODING_DTS and ENCODING_DTS_HD are not supported and there is no way to shove it in and get it passed untouched. Once something in the OS audio path touches is, the encoding formatting is corrupted and you get out 'static' as audio. The only way to handle it is to decode and pass as multi-channel PCM. Until Amazon supports these three or adds ENCODING_IEC61937 (IEC packed).

Both SPMC and Kodi follow the same rules, the device capabilities determines what it can do.
So does that mean if passthrough is enabled, the option "DTS enabled receiver" has to be disabled in MrMC, Kodi and SPMC?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote:Ok, looked into this again.

First, some background. On Android, passthrough can be handled many different ways depending on device and API version. The 1st devices that could do any form of passthrough were Amlogic devices. They have a hack in place where you diddle some kernel mode and passthrough audio (in IEC packing) is routed directly through, provided that the device audio volume is set to 100. Starting at API-22 (fireTV is API-22), the ability to pass non-IEC packed compressed audio was added. Then in API-23, support for IEC packed compressed audio was added.

For Amazon FireTV, it requires non-ICE packed passthrough as it is API-22. ENCODING_AC3 and ENCODING_E_AC3 are supported as non-IEC packed. These are via AudioTrack class. This now works and will be rolled into v2.4.

Weird because playback of DTS works for me, no static.