1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Problems on first launch on Fire TV

Any issues that are FireTV specific
waldo22

Problems on first launch on Fire TV

Post by waldo22 »

I bought MrMC yesterday and tried several times to run it on my 1st gen Fire TV (not stick) that has Kodi 16.0 side-loaded on it.

MrMC would launch to the MrMC logo screen then immediately crash back to the Fire TV home screen. I never saw the "first run" blue bar along the bottom or got the the Confluence home screen.

I finally went to "manage installed applications" and did a "clear data" under MrMC and it came up and ran fine, with no problem since. (although it took nearly a full minute to start).

Everything seems great so far, just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Sorry it's not a better bug report.

-Wes
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Problems on first launch on Fire TV

Post by davilla »

Odd, not seen that happen. I happen to have both, 1st and 2nd gen. Seems ok on both.

We do have changes planned for the launch period. Refactor and purge. Should be able to get 10X faster launch.
waldo22

Re: Problems on first launch on Fire TV

Post by waldo22 »

FYI I installed this on my other Fire TV and it launched the first time with no problem.

Maybe it was a fluke. Like I said, it worked after deleting the data on the first one (through the Fire TV app menu) so maybe something got corrupted on install).