1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Secondary DNS set to 8.8.8.8 -- where is this coming from?

Any issues that are FireTV specific
sirmcftv

Secondary DNS set to 8.8.8.8 -- where is this coming from?

Post by sirmcftv »

Looking in MrMC at System Info/Network it shows primary DNS to be my router (which is correct and should be the only DNS server) but secondary DNS as 8.8.8.8 Who sets this secondary DNS? It's not my router serving it with the DHCP replies and the FireTV network settings only show a single DNS server. I do not want this secondary DNS setting, how can I remove it please?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Secondary DNS set to 8.8.8.8 -- where is this coming from?

Post by davilla »

sirmcftv wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 18:47 Looking in MrMC at System Info/Network it shows primary DNS to be my router (which is correct and should be the only DNS server) but secondary DNS as 8.8.8.8 Who sets this secondary DNS? It's not my router serving it with the DHCP replies and the FireTV network settings only show a single DNS server. I do not want this secondary DNS setting, how can I remove it please?
It's not from MrMC, must be something android is doing. Search there.
sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv »

Where is MrMC pulling the info from, so I know where to look? FireTV Network Settings is only showing 1 DNS server.

Edit: from ADB shell:

$ getprop net.dns2

Hmm ... thank you Google/Android for deciding what's best for me!
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

sirmcftv wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 20:41 Where is MrMC pulling the info from, so I know where to look? FireTV Network Settings is only showing 1 DNS server.

Edit: from ADB shell:

$ getprop net.dns2

Hmm ... thank you Google/Android for deciding what's best for me!
Well, it’s google dns server after all :)