1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.1 for FireTV

Old TestFlight threads
koying
Team MrMC

Testing MrMC 3.7.1 for FireTV

Post by koying »

We have cleaned up the list of testers, and from now on will do at the start of each testflight.

If you want to be part of this testflight, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject "Testflight 3.7.1 (FireTV)", include your forum username and email address tied to device.
Only users having a record of providing feedback on the forum are accepted in the testflight, not brand new users, sorry.

(Note, if you opted-out of Amazon marketing communications, you will not get the notification email.)

20181001 - 8d1c196
droid: A/V sync
FIX: playlists & resume
FIX: scrappers update
DC1983

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.1 for FireTV

Post by DC1983 »

Hi koying,

Not really had a chance to fully test the AV sync but not seen any issues so far.

I have noticed that when using mediacodec (non surface) there is audio but no picture, only a black screen with this testflight. Mediacodec surface is fine. Device is fire TV 2 (box).

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Thanks.
Yep, noticed the black screen as well. It'll be fixed in next test.
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

On Pendant I was admiring how good Ariana looked when I decided to change to a remote server. Screen went black and froze. Double clicking home got me out of the app. I was able to switch servers in Plex, so I know both are up. I use Plex As Service.
mirko1312

Post by mirko1312 »

Firstly thank you Koying for coming up with the new version so soon.

I didnt have the time to test it deeper (I will over the weekend), but I can confirm no more starting videos paused and A/V in sync using default MC(S) decoder.

But.. the image on all the movies (nothing fancy, standard 1080p h264 movies) stutters every few seconds for a few ms, Its very noticable and very anoying. I couldnt watch a movie more then few minutes. I have tested many videos and all show the same bug. During this stutters Codec Info doesnt display any skipped or droped frames. Btw its not buffering issue, Im using Ethernet adapter (and the files are cca 7GB, nothing fancy).

Also issue with DD passthrough not triggering my Reciever with 5.1 audio is now completly fixed and works as it should.

Will post detailed analysis after weekend...

Thanks

P.S. Fire TV 3(pendant), only Amazon device that supports auto framerate switching AFAIK
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

Itzme1234 wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 13:22 On Pendant I was admiring how good Ariana looked when I decided to change to a remote server. Screen went black and froze. Double clicking home got me out of the app. I was able to switch servers in Plex, so I know both are up. I use Plex As Service.
I later tried the app on my Fire Stick (not the Pendant) and I was able to switch between servers just fine.
clocks

Post by clocks »

I got the email invite today to beta test, but when I follow the link to Amazon.com, they want me to repurchase the app?
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Updated build underway.

I should have mention that in the OP, but only users having a record of providing feedback on the forum are accepted in the testflight, not brand new users, sorry.
stepman

Post by stepman »

Any hint when the new version will be available on FireTV?

I did not get the Testflight (just read your explanation in previous post...)

I have audio sync issues on my FireTV 4K 2017.
stepman

Post by stepman »

Anything new here? I bought MrMC in Amazon but it's not really working. Any timeline for the update? Or at least a chance to get into the test flight?