1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

NextPVR Extension

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Rollins

NextPVR Extension

Post by Rollins »

Hello,

I am a new MrMC user coming from SPMC on a fireTV device. I purchased/installed for the first time last night.

I am having trouble utilizing my in-house tv service using MrMC via the NextPVR backend. I do not have any issues on Kodi or SPMC firmwares and have been using this setup for many years now. Is it possible that the NextPVR extension is not up-to-date within MrMC? If so, is there anyway for me to update it myself?

My issue is when I attempt to tune to any channel, I receive a "No tuner available" message back. I am not able to watch any channels on MrMC. This does not occur with SPMC or Kodi using the same PVR service and settings.

I posted my debug log per the instructions below, but does not look very helpful to me.

Thanks much for any assistance!

https://pastebin.com/z5ReJ2Yi
Rollins

Re: NextPVR Extension

Post by Rollins »

Any word on this issue?

Also, any opinions on what the best OTA PVR backend supporting COMSKIP is at this point in time?

Thanks
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

it seems that NextPVR is trying to server the correct channel, what happens if you try to disable HW acceleration on Fire TV? does it play?

settings -> video -> Acceleration

edit: I used Tvheadend in past for comskip, not sure how it is lately since I lost access to my satellite dish :(
Rollins

Post by Rollins »

Thanks for the response!

I tried turning off all the HW acceleration options, but, unfortunately, no change.

So I have a NAS server that I encode my daughter's Disney library too and I can play all of the movies perfectly. The primary reason I switched to MrMC was I wanted to retain the ability of 'passthrough audio' to my receiver for DTS and TrueHD tracks. While SPMC also does this, the TV scraper is always broken. However, TV PVR backend integration is working in SPMC for NextPVR. Is it possible to pull in the current SPMC NextPVR integration package into MrMC (Kodi's also works)? I am receiving guide info from the server, just can't tune channels any longer.

I will take a look at TVheadend. My only concern is I have written a very complicated NextPVR script that encodes, extracts Closed Captions and converts to subtitles, marks commercials, auto backs up tv shows to my NAS, and allows parallel operation with itself (multiple simultaneous recordings/script execution). I invested significant time in perfecting my script and would hate to discard it when everything works so well (and my wife/daughter know how to operate my system presently).

Thanks for any help/assistance.
convertapple

Post by convertapple »

I've also noticed the same issue with NextPVR, is it likely to ever get fixed?

Do any other TV backends work with MrMc? I'm not averse to switching as NextPVR is not that solid, though I do have it all working on Kodi. I used to use ServerWMC, which was more solid than NextPVR but maintaining the EPG was a pain.

Update: It works on AppleTV4, so it's just FireTV devices that it fails on. They are both running same version of PVR client.
Last edited by convertapple on 11 Apr 2019, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I use tvheadend occasionally and it seems to be working okay.

We are working on bringing pvr addons up to date , no eta as it’s a huge change in player core code