1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV 3 question/problems with deinterlacing, playback starting paused

Any issues that are FireTV specific
alekseyz

Fire TV 3 question/problems with deinterlacing, playback starting paused

Post by alekseyz »

Hi, I have been long time SPMC user (Thank you Koying!!!) on various Fire TV platforms and I bought MrMC a while ago but have not been using it much. With Fire TV 3 I now have problems with Mediacodec (Surface) and smooth 24p playback with SPMC (plain Mediacodec works, but then I lose HDR) and decided to give MrMC a try.

My setup: Amazon Fire TV 3 with Display "Resolution" set to "Auto", "Match original frame rate" set to "On" in Fire TV settings. Samsung MU8000 4K HDR TV, Fire TV directly connected to TV.

MrMC settings: UI in 720p, "Automatic refresh rate/resolution" set to "Always", "Pause after adjusting frame rate" set to "2 seconds". Under acceleration I have default setting "Mediacoded (surface)" enabled, "Mediacodec" disabled. 24p playback is smooth, thank you MrMC!

I have the following problems/question:

1. MPEG2 deinterlacing of 1080i from HDHomerun tuner through PVR HDHomerun addon is poor. Judging by the available deinterlacing options in the menu, decoding is done in software, because Yadif and others are present. How can I enable Amlogic hardware deinterlacer for MPEG2 live video from HDHomerun?

2. the first time after starting MrMC I start playback of 4K 60p HDR video file (e.g. Samsung The world in HDR demo), playback hangs on the first frame, no audio, no HDR. After I stop and start playing the same file again it plays fine. This only occurs on playing the first video after starting MrMC. I had the same problem with SPMC.

3. playback always starts "Paused" if refresh rate switching is on, this is not affected by changing "Pause after adjusting refrest rate" setting, and it only happens when i enable "Match original frame rate" in Fire TV 3 display settings. This looks like the same issue as this http://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=17 ... c6c0fabc7f
Disabling refresh rate switching in not a fix for me. Without refresh rate switching 24p videos have lots of judder.

These issues are minor, but still annoying. (2 and 3) are likely related to the way Amazon Fire TV 3 handles refresh rate adjustment after the recent firmware update. Can you fix these in the next release of MrMC.

Thank you for the great software!
mirko1312

Re: Fire TV 3 question/problems with deinterlacing, playback starting paused

Post by mirko1312 »

Fire TV 3 owner here and can confirm issue no 3. playback always starts paused..very annoying please fix if you can.

Also after play/pause audio loses sync with auto framerate on.(not using audio passthrough, stereo audio)

As for issue no 1. Im aware that the problem is not in mrmc but amcodec not being supported on new Android versions but if you can reenable it in mrmc by some means that would be awesome.
Thanks
clocks

Post by clocks »

I have same issues with the pendant. Videos usually start paused. And the audio gets so out of sync that I've had to start using Plex.
mirko1312

Post by mirko1312 »

Anybody from the dev team care to answer what the status of these issues is please(known, still trying to fix/fixed in testflight/will not be fixed for now).

Currently with the Fire TV Pendant with tgr new autoframerate supporting FW :

1.) the video is out of sync with/without passthrough using default MC Surface hw decoder when autoframerate is used(using only non-surface MC decoder fix this issue).
2.) Videos start paused
3.) Passthrough doesnt work for me (ancient DTS/DD receiver - firetv connected to TV, TV connected via spdif to audio receiver). Standard settings used in MrMC : output channels :2.0, passthrough enabled, checked DD/DTS and AC3 transcoding(tried without this also). Settings in FireTV: DD via HDMI. No sound!

Note: using this same settings in latest Kodi Krypton passthrough works OK with barely noticable few ms delay of audio/video sync (DD only though, no DTS).
Official Emby client works perfectly, outputs DD (still no DTS, but not important for me), perfect framerate, audio perfectly in sync.
The same audio out of sync issue(no 1) is also present in Kodi and in SPMC. Using non-surface HW fixes this issue.

Please if anyone from the dev team find some seconds to share their thoughts of this issues I would be very grateful.
Thank you
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

There are so many changes coming in 3.7 that it's hard to relate to 3.6 issues.

3.7 should go out soon, please retest after you get the update.
mirko1312

Post by mirko1312 »

Ok, I will post my testing after update comes on amazon.

Thank you for answering. (and thank you very much for all the things you did for Kodi/SPMC)
clocks

Post by clocks »

Hope the new version is out soon, and fixes the issues. I am on Plex in the meantime.
alekseyz

Post by alekseyz »

Thank you Koying, I will test the 3.7-0 version and report. I asked in another thread -- how can I see the commits since 3.6-2? The latest commit in master on github is 5 months old.
mirko1312

Post by mirko1312 »

All of these bugs still exist in 3.7.

1) audio/video sync issue with default amc(surface), amc (non-surface) is ok(few ms lag)
2) videos start paused
3) no passthrough for DD over HDMI connected to TV(TV conneceted to AVR via spdif). Stays on default 2.0 dolby output that is always present (seen on AVR) since choosing option- "hdmi output DD" (no DD+)). Sometimes no sound at all, depends on video.
Note: Kodi krypton switches to DD 5.1 correctly with theese settings, and Emby client(player) also. In krypton passthrough, framerate-auto working great, no a/v issue (using amc non-surface)

Im willing to provide logs if needed??
Does any of the devs have Fire TV 3 (pendant) to verify issues? If not we can pitch in its 39.99 for prime right now.
alekseyz

Post by alekseyz »

I second that -- I just started another thread "Bugs in version 3.7-0"

Fire TV 3 is the Amazon most current and most capable streamer. It would be great for MrMC to support that hardware properly.