1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Major Audio Sync Issues

Any issues that are FireTV specific
homestreamer1338

Major Audio Sync Issues

Post by homestreamer1338 »

To start, here is my setup:
Plex server on desktop, connected to router with ethernet.
Amazon FireTV Gen.2 using 5Ghz wireless.

FireTV --> HDMI --> Samsung MM55C 3.1 Soundbar --> HDMI --> TV

Pretty straightforward setup.

The audio sync issue I'm having is a new one, and one that I was not having when I initially purchased MrMC a month ago. The only thing that has changed in that time is that I've moved my Plex server from a laptop (using 5Ghz wireless) to a wired desktop.
I do not have this issue with the Plex client, or with Kodi.
I have this issue regardless of passthrough options. I have this issue after re-installing.
The issue was still present when I ran an ethernet to the FireTV, although it didn't seem as severe (maybe placebo).

Anyway, the audio sync is all over the place. Delayed, ahead, -.500ms, -.005ms, +.250ms, etc. A total, unusable mess.
Not only is the audio sync an issue when using MrMC, after I open and use MrMC the audio sync on my FireTV in general is messed up until I completely restart the device. This sync issue is also present on my FireTV pendant in my bedroom, so it isn't just the one device.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I can provide more info if needed.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Major Audio Sync Issues

Post by davilla »

homestreamer1338 wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 19:20 To start, here is my setup:
Plex server on desktop, connected to router with ethernet.
Amazon FireTV Gen.2 using 5Ghz wireless.

FireTV --> HDMI --> Samsung MM55C 3.1 Soundbar --> HDMI --> TV

Pretty straightforward setup.

The audio sync issue I'm having is a new one, and one that I was not having when I initially purchased MrMC a month ago. The only thing that has changed in that time is that I've moved my Plex server from a laptop (using 5Ghz wireless) to a wired desktop.
I do not have this issue with the Plex client, or with Kodi.
I have this issue regardless of passthrough options. I have this issue after re-installing.
The issue was still present when I ran an ethernet to the FireTV, although it didn't seem as severe (maybe placebo).

Anyway, the audio sync is all over the place. Delayed, ahead, -.500ms, -.005ms, +.250ms, etc. A total, unusable mess.
Not only is the audio sync an issue when using MrMC, after I open and use MrMC the audio sync on my FireTV in general is messed up until I completely restart the device. This sync issue is also present on my FireTV pendant in my bedroom, so it isn't just the one device.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I can provide more info if needed.
Something else is going on, there is no way an App can effect a/v sync for other Apps. Just does not work that way.

Debuglog please.
homestreamer1338

Re: Major Audio Sync Issues

Post by homestreamer1338 »

davilla wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 19:24
Something else is going on, there is no way an App can effect a/v sync for other Apps. Just does not work that way.

Debuglog please.
Thanks for the prompt response!

I went ahead and factory reset my FireTV and that solved my problem.

Thank you for your work developing an excellent app.