1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Cube: Audio Sync all over the place

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Chuckles

Cube: Audio Sync all over the place

Post by Chuckles »

Hello, I just wanted to report audio sync issues that I am experiencing with Fire TV Cube. I spent an hour playing around and trying things, no luck.

Audio sync is all over the place, depending on what movie/show I am watching. The only way to have all my media sync correctly is to turn off passthrough. Then it sounds okay and syncs.

However, I also have SPMC installed on my Cube, and that works fine with passthrough. (SPMC-16.7.4 armeabi). No issues - sync is consistent, and passthrough is enabled. Both programs have the same audio/receiver settings. My primary settings for both programs are: Adjust display refresh rate on start/stop. IEC passthrough, and my receiver supports Dolby Digital/DD+, DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD.

For what it's worth... I also have MrMC installed on my Nvidia Shield (totally different tv and reciever), and that has always worked fine with no sync issues.
illequipped

Re: Cube: Audio Sync all over the place

Post by illequipped »

I'll confirm what you just said. I find i need to set audio ahead .11 -.2 on every media file I have. They all work fine on my fireTV 1 with MrMC.
Antinoitikos

Post by Antinoitikos »

Confirming what has been said before with audio sync issues. Tried changing the channels to 5.1 with no pass-through (the Apple TV fix) to no avail.
rogbott

Post by rogbott »

I had a similar issue and in the audio offset I set it to -.225 but the problem I am running into is that it is not saving that setting though I make sure to "save it for all media". I do quit MRMC when I go to other applications instead of just returning home so I am not sure if that erases that setting and sets it back to the default. Is there a way to make sure that my selections in the audio menu stay set even after quitting the app?
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

I get unwatchable Audio syncs with MrMc and the Fire tv pendent, plugged directly into AVR. I always have. Using Amber and/or Plex Add On. Fortunately I also have an ATV for MrMc.
Antinoitikos

Post by Antinoitikos »

So the only workaround I have found is while playing a movie, to set my audio offset which is -.505 (laughable). Once you have everything synced up, on the same setting page, scroll down to the very bottom and select "Set as default for all media". This will permanently start all movies with the same offset setting.
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

-.505 seems about right on my Fire TV pendent also. DTS 5.1 through my Pioneer AVR.
aleatory

Post by aleatory »

I am having exactly the same issue with the amazon fire tv cube. Currently i can get MKV movies in sync, or very close with audio at +0.225sec.

But shorter files such as tv shows are out of sync also but by a slightly different amount, so setting the offset for all files doesnt work.

Any word on a fix for this?
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I fixed my audio sync issue by turning off hardware acceleration.
I do not know if there will be any down side to doing this; however, it completely fixed my sync issue.
illequipped

Post by illequipped »

Switching hardware acceleration from MediaCodec (Surface) to just MediaCodec seems to have fixed it for me as well.