1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Kodi & SPMC w/SQL -> Kodi & MrMC w/SQL?

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Mark_Venture

Kodi & SPMC w/SQL -> Kodi & MrMC w/SQL?

Post by Mark_Venture »

I haven't used MrMC in a while. I know i purchased it and tried using it, but not sure why I stopped. So I have been using Kodi and SPMC on my Fire TV boxes (gen 1 and 2) for a while, with a common SQL database. I made sure to keep Kodi and SPMC at consistent levels (due to SQL). Actually I stuck on 16.x.

I had also moved their data to a MicroSD card (on gen2 boxes) and USB stick (on gen 1) using this process -> http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partiall ... b-storage/

With SPMC support going away, I want to replace my SPMC install with MrMC. I'd like to keep things similar to how I had them before, if possible.

I understand from searching past posts, I should be able to move MrMC to SD/USB using the same process (tweaking the path names). Is that correct? (based on tail end of this thread... https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... properties as well as https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... properties )... Can I copy/use the same XML files for passwords, sources, etc. with MrMC that I used with Kodi/SPMC to avoid having to setup those up again?

It appears the current version of MrMC is compatible with Kodi v17 from the SQL perspective. Is that correct?

With Amazon auto updating my apps and games, I'm guessing the same will happen with MRMC too? If so, what is the best way to keep at consistent levels with Kodi so the DB doesn't get messed up?

Anything else I should watch out for running Kodi and MrMC along side each other, using the same SQL database, on a Fire TV?
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Kodi & SPMC w/SQL -> Kodi & MrMC w/SQL?

Post by koying »

Lots of questions ;)

1) Yes, moving data to sdcard works the same as on spmc. The subdirectories will be different, though. Just copying/moving .spmc to .mrmc will do the trick
2) Current mrmc uses v17 of the db, so you can use the same mysql db with kodi krypton. Update from spmc16 should be seamless
3) Not sure what you mean with "best way to keep at consistent level"
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Turn off auto updates if you want to have control over when Amazon will update Apps.
Mark_Venture

Post by Mark_Venture »

Thanks for the replies!! I appreciate it!!

@Koying, I had manually installed kodi and spmc so I could always keep them in sync and didn't have to worry about Amazon updating the apps. I guess I'll just have to do what @davilla suggested and turn off Auto-Update for the FireTV's...
Mark_Venture

Post by Mark_Venture »

So I was running Kodi v16.1 and SPMC 16.54 on my Fire TV 2nd Gen Boxes, with data for both apps moved to SD card as mentioned above, and sharing the same SQL DB/server. After asking my questions above... I tried upgrading to Kodi 17.6 and MrMC from the amazon store.

I ran into two issues.

First MrMC often hangs at a gray screen while starting. If hitting the remote's home button worked, I would force stop, clear cache and data, restart the Fire TV and try again... even sometimes that doesn't help and I got the gray screen again. Sometimes the remote's home button didn't do anything, so I had to unplug the box. This happens both with and without Kodi installed on the fire TV.

Second... While the menus and such look normal, when playing movies, or any videos, in MrMC and Kodi, the colors are washed out. Is there a setting somewhere I missed?

To make sure it wasn't anything "left over from the upgrade" causing the issue, I factory reset my Fire TV and formatted its MicroSD, then installed only MrMC and manually configured (skipping the SQL part, just adding the path to one folder holding some videos, not copying/restoring any XML files, etc.). It was the same, the colors looked "flat" or washed out, although I only launched MrMC a few times in this state, so I don't know if it too would have hung at the gray screen.

I tried it on two different Fire TV 2nd Gen boxes, with similar results.

I have since reverted to Kodi v16.1 and SPMC 16.54 (and restored my DB to the backup made prior to attempting to upgrade) since they still look perfect.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed, or what might be causing this?