1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Any issues that are FireTV specific
User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2152
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by amet » 09 May 2018, 17:32

I dont even know how to respond to that, so I will just repeat what we have been saying all along....

3.6.2 has been submitted to Amazon and is still being approved by them... there is literally nothing we can do to speed it up, I'll repeat... Nothing we can do.

no, I insist... thank you for your understanding.

go2tom42
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Sep 2016, 15:27

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by go2tom42 » 10 May 2018, 03:34

Care to explain why 3.6.0 & 3.6.1 were not approved, and why you think 3.6.2 will be any different?

VLC recently pulled their app completely from Amazon because they could not get a new version approved, are you in the same boat as they were? What has changed at Amazon that makes them unwilling to approve new versions of video players?

If you guys were more forthcoming we probably would be more understanding

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3518
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by davilla » 10 May 2018, 04:03

go2tom42 wrote:
10 May 2018, 03:34
Care to explain why 3.6.0 & 3.6.1 were not approved, and why you think 3.6.2 will be any different?

VLC recently pulled their app completely from Amazon because they could not get a new version approved, are you in the same boat as they were? What has changed at Amazon that makes them unwilling to approve new versions of video players?

If you guys were more forthcoming we probably would be more understanding
Sure, Amazon app review rejected MrMC and MrMC-Lite starting with 3.6.0 because of the appearance of python and "Add-ons". It triggered the "Kodi" instant reject flag over possible user installation of piracy add-ons. In simple words, they panicked :) We have had several emails and a long conference call about this issue and what it means for MrMC. They have been reassured that we are still following our 'no user installs of add-ons' policy and that all add-ons will be shipped with the install package where they will be available for the App review team. In addition, we are running a compile time whitelist. Anything not present on the whitelist will not be see, installed or allowed to run.

We are being elevated in developer level and the App review team is being made aware of the situation. Amazon is a large organization and our contacts are at a high level so it takes time for things propagate to the appropriate levels to get put into place. MrMC v3.6.2 is up waiting for them to say, 'hit the review button'.

This is a very different situation than VLC. VLC got mad that Amazon wanted them to fix a problem and pulled VLC for spite thinking Amazon would care and cave. Amazon called their bluff and VLC is gone from Amazon for now.

cosmoxl
Posts: 1383
Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 14:16

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by cosmoxl » 10 May 2018, 04:24

@Davilla, as I understand it nothing has changed in the code at Amazon's request and the only reason you're requesting approval for 3.6.2 now is because it has taken so long for them to approve the previous releases? Correct?

On the previous page you said "it's not python" and I get you. It's their silliness, not python, that has caused this delay.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3518
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by davilla » 10 May 2018, 04:44

cosmoxl wrote:
10 May 2018, 04:24
@Davilla, as I understand it nothing has changed in the code at Amazon's request and the only reason you're requesting approval for 3.6.2 now is because it has taken so long for them to approve the previous releases? Correct?
They rejected v3.6.0 after a week+ on 'thinking' about it. Addon scare. We set them straight and policies are rolling to get 3.6.2 released. Seemed silly to try for v3.6.0 again as v3.6.2 was primed and ready to go.

cosmoxl
Posts: 1383
Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 14:16

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by cosmoxl » 10 May 2018, 14:32

davilla wrote:
10 May 2018, 04:44
cosmoxl wrote:
10 May 2018, 04:24
@Davilla, as I understand it nothing has changed in the code at Amazon's request and the only reason you're requesting approval for 3.6.2 now is because it has taken so long for them to approve the previous releases? Correct?
They rejected v3.6.0 after a week+ on 'thinking' about it. Addon scare. We set them straight and policies are rolling to get 3.6.2 released. Seemed silly to try for v3.6.0 again as v3.6.2 was primed and ready to go.
Big company loses sight of the fact that people don't like to see VLC go away, or see MrMC take so long to get approved. I wonder if they'll miss people who opt for other hardware in the future.

SnackAttack
Posts: 7
Joined: 07 Apr 2018, 21:25

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by SnackAttack » 12 May 2018, 20:44

I'm really appreciative that the MrMc team has done a great job so far. I'm anxiously awaiting the Amazon approval and seriously doubt the trivial cost of MrMc appropriately compensates the team for all of the effort they put in.

Really excited about the update, hoping it solves my OOS / Delay issue and appreciate the MrMc team continuing this work.

cosmoxl
Posts: 1383
Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 14:16

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by cosmoxl » 17 May 2018, 19:07

Any update that you'd like to share on this?

I wish there was something I could do to help.

User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2152
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by amet » 19 May 2018, 20:14

cosmoxl wrote:
17 May 2018, 19:07
Any update that you'd like to share on this?

I wish there was something I could do to help.
still nothing, silence from amazon .. we will ping them again on Monday

go2tom42
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Sep 2016, 15:27

Re: When will version 3.6.0 be available for Fire TV?

Post by go2tom42 » 25 May 2018, 14:41

amet wrote:
19 May 2018, 20:14
still nothing, silence from amazon .. we will ping them again on Monday
come on Amazon, you can do better, a 432,000,000 ms ping time is horrible

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest