1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

After Update Stuttering and Slow

Any issues that are FireTV specific
MychaelP

After Update Stuttering and Slow

Post by MychaelP »

I updated to the latest MrMc and now every file I select take a few seconds to begin with a black screen and then stutters. I tried SPMC and all is still running perfect. I tired uninstalling and reinstalling MrMc just in case the update corrupted something up. No luck, and with some files it takes 10 seconds to begin, and then begins in pause mode, hit play and then it just stutters all over the place. While screen goes black there is also a period where the tv loses it's connection to the Fire TV. with all other apps, including SPMC there is no issue. So I think maybe something happened in the last update. Can you check into it? Maybe the update changed something that used to work?
Fire TV GEn-1 box.
thanks,
cosmoxl

Re: After Update Stuttering and Slow

Post by cosmoxl »

It sounds like your TV is just being told to switch refresh rate to match content. If so, the behavior you're seeing is normal. Stuttering isn't.
MychaelP

Post by MychaelP »

Thanks for the reply, It worked fine until I somehow caused it to update. Maybe I double clicked the app or something because I sure didn't select the option to update. I just noticed it was doing it when I started it. There may be a setting then that is causing the rate to change and thereby cause the picture to stutter?
I actually unintalled and reinstalled thinking it might fix it, but nope. Something with the latest version is messed up, or toggled a setting somewhere I just need to figure it out?
Weird since SPMC latest version is working perfectly. I just like MrMc much better and cleaner.
Ideas?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Some settings were reset to better user defaults. Check your settings.
MychaelP

Post by MychaelP »

davilla wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 19:38 Some settings were reset to better user defaults. Check your settings.
I played with the settings, (didn't have a back up of mine) and it works again. Not sure if it was the match display rate because it worked when I clicked it, but also unclicking it as well.
I think I need to figure out how to save my settings so I don't have to reinput them all after reinstalling or updates like this one.
Thanks to the poster above who mentioned the refresh rate as maybe that fixed it by checking it, then unchecking.
Love this app other than that hiccup.
edgarcillo

Post by edgarcillo »

MychaelP wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 21:27
davilla wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 19:38 Some settings were reset to better user defaults. Check your settings.
I played with the settings, (didn't have a back up of mine) and it works again. Not sure if it was the match display rate because it worked when I clicked it, but also unclicking it as well.
I think I need to figure out how to save my settings so I don't have to reinput them all after reinstalling or updates like this one.
Thanks to the poster above who mentioned the refresh rate as maybe that fixed it by checking it, then unchecking.
Love this app other than that hiccup.
Hello @MychaelP do you know exactly what did you do to fix this. Just like you after an update I have had a lot of stuttering and slow where i have to stop the video playing and play it again to fix it. it is making me crazy but I havent found any setting that help me. before MrMc use to play all my video smoothly and now not even one will play completely without having to stop it and start it again.
Agentq

Post by Agentq »

I have the same issue. What I found was after the mrmc update video buffering was broken if mrmc auto adjusts the video. While playing a video if turn on details u will notice the vq for video was at 0% not keeping up which caused stuttering.

***update***

So with the latest update 3.7.0 buffering is broken when "Adjust display refresh rate" is on, once it adjusts then buffering becomes bugged. Turning this setting to off fixed the issue for me. Settings - video- playback
edgarcillo

Post by edgarcillo »

I had to turn off "Adjust display refresh rate" option since an update before this last one because otherwise i was getting the black screen and every video took a lot of time to start. Turning this setting off helped and everything was perfect but now every video stutter badly all the time. It looks like every update makes everything worst or change the configuration for the worst without any sign of it leaving us with a lot of issues.

Does anyone know how can I stop the stuttering on every video, what configuration do i have to change? Adjust display refresh rate is already off but still nothing is playing nice as it was before. I dont have this issues on Plex or SPMC, this issues definitely were introduced by the last update. Hopefully, a new update is coming to fix this.
Agentq

Post by Agentq »

When you play a video, bring up the details overlay. What is your aq and vq values. If they are not 99% and 0% then your running out of buffer hence the stutter. If it's 100% buffer and stuttering whats your cpu values? Need more information on your setup. Are u playing locally from a Nas etc. First step is figuring out why you're stuttering before u can figure out a fix.
edgarcillo

Post by edgarcillo »

Agentq wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 02:39 When you play a video, bring up the details overlay. What is your aq and vq values. If they are not 99% and 0% then your running out of buffer hence the stutter. If it's 100% buffer and stuttering whats your cpu values? Need more information on your setup. Are u playing locally from a Nas etc. First step is figuring out why you're stuttering before u can figure out a fix.
Hello @Agentq thanks fr answering. I am paying a video and aq is between 96%-99% while vq is 99%. CPU values are CPU0: 52-58%, CPU1: 44-55%, CPU3 and CPU4 both 0%. I am playing the videos from my NAS to my FTV2 and Firestick 2, both having the same stuttering issue being worst on the firestick where audio is getting out of sync as well.
Please let me know in case you need more info.