1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV Basic Edition (Europe) and Deinterlacing Live TV

Any issues that are FireTV specific
ecefrm

Fire TV Basic Edition (Europe) and Deinterlacing Live TV

Post by ecefrm »

I bought during last Chistmas the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition that Amazon distributes in Europe and other non-USA locations. My understanding was that it was basically the Fire TV Stick 2nd Generation (MT8127D based) but with the basic remote lacking voice control.

Apart from some OS instability issues that I hope will be solved with future OS firmware releases, I am finding that deinterlacing LIve TV ( 1080i H.264 streams at 50Hz, such as BBC World News Europe HD) does not work with any of the settings in MrMC that have already been discussed in the forum (such as selecting BOB). The result is always completely unwatchable.

I do not think that this is a problem with MrMC, but rather the platform. SPMC gives the same result for me, and also the native player when called upon by other streaming apps.

Are there any owners of this particular Fire TV Stick or maybe the 2nd Gen that are able to successfully deinterlace H.264 HD Live TV streams? Maybe I am doing something wrong.
DC1983

Re: Fire TV Basic Edition (Europe) and Deinterlacing Live TV

Post by DC1983 »

I don't have a firetv stick, only fire tv 1 & 2 boxes though to get smooth playback of bbc news hd etc, in the video settings, acceleration tab, I need to have interlaced material un-ticked for media codec surface and enabled for media codec.
ecefrm

Post by ecefrm »

DC1983 wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 10:30 I don't have a firetv stick, only fire tv 1 & 2 boxes though to get smooth playback of bbc news hd etc, in the video settings, acceleration tab, I need to have interlaced material un-ticked for media codec surface and enabled for media codec.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I tried all those combinations but just to be sure I tried again. Then I selected BOB (not working) and then BOB-Inverted (not working either). I guess this hardware is different from the other members of the Fire TV family.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

debuglog, then we can quit guessing about which hw you have :)
ecefrm

Post by ecefrm »

davilla wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 22:03 debuglog, then we can quit guessing about which hw you have :)
You are completely right. Here is the the debug log:

https://pastebin.com/9qaRLBBX

Thanks!
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Fire TV Stick 2, aka "Tank". MediaTek Quad-core ARM 1.3 GHz

The content looks like interlaced h264 which is badly via MediaCodec for this device. I'd disable deinterlacing for both MediaCodec (surface and non-surface0 and vector to FFMpeg and pick bob invert and pray.

Deinterlacing is not handled best on FireTV devices, either their MediaCodec deinterlacer is coded badly or the device just does not have the ponies to handle both decode and deinterlacing of HD content.