1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

App Zoomed in -- Cannot Zoom Out

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Elias Saba

Re: App Zoomed in -- Cannot Zoom Out

Post by Elias Saba » 30 Nov 2017, 01:04

When davilla first asked me about this issue I didn't get a chance to read the thread fully, which why I assumed it was the screen magnifier causing the issue. It's clear that isn't actually the case.

My suggestion is to try to press the Up and Rewind buttons on the Fire TV remote at the same time for five seconds. That'll start the device to cycle through various resolutions. First try letting it cycle without making a selection. If that doesn't make a difference, do it again but this time select a lower resolution, like 720p, to see if that makes a difference. You can always go back to your native resolution.

My hope is that cycling resolutions will get whatever is causing the issue to reset itself. Perhaps being in a lower resolution will at least let you access the log/debug settings in MrMC.

ninjojo17

Post by ninjojo17 » 01 Dec 2017, 19:16

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, It didn't work.
1080p / 720p / 480p = still zoomed.

I'm bringing my FireTV 4K over to a friend's house in a few minutes to try out on their TV *just in case* it's some funky setting with mine, but now that I've seen other users are experiencing it, I'm thinking it's likely an app issue vs. TV issue.

Will report back.

ninjojo17

Post by ninjojo17 » 02 Dec 2017, 01:08

So good news:
I went and used a friend's TV and while everything looked a bit blurry, the zoom was gone so I could enable logging!

Bonus: When I came home and re-plugged it in, the zoom was fixed! I then had to go in and adjust the video resolution back to auto (per the Amazon tv up + rewind buttons) as the video calibration inside the MrMC settings was still a little "off".

Once I got the main FireTV resolution back to "auto", everything looks good in the MrMC calibration except the main menu only gives me options for Music Pictures Favorites Media Sources Settings Quit. There's no Video option. Not too big of a deal since I go into Media Sources, but I could have sworn there would be a Video menu item above the Music one...

One thing: now that I messed with the video calibration within MrMC, it's almost as if it somehow got SUUUUPER zoomed in within that setting and plugging it into a different TV maybe reset it?

We'll see if this holds up / doesn't reset.

Log File just in case.
Last edited by ninjojo17 on 02 Dec 2017, 11:18, edited 2 times in total.

slakjunk

Post by slakjunk » 02 Dec 2017, 07:25

Experiencing exact same issue, cannot reach log settings as I cannot see UI to pick logs.

Amazon Fire TV 4k (2017 Edition)
Sony Bravia XBR-49X900E (Television)

I've cleared data, cache and reinstalled to no avail.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 02 Dec 2017, 13:40

can anyone adb in and fetch guisettings.xml ?

located at:

Code: Select all

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/.mrmc/userdata/guisettings.xml

ninjojo17

Post by ninjojo17 » 04 Dec 2017, 16:07

How would I go about doing that using my computer (mac)?

Also, the fix was short-lived. Back to being unusably zoomed in. :(

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 04 Dec 2017, 16:15

ninjojo17 wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 16:07
How would I go about doing that using my computer (mac)?

Also, the fix was short-lived. Back to being unusably zoomed in. :(
I'll have one of the new firetv 4k in a few days.

mikehadfield

Post by mikehadfield » 04 Dec 2017, 17:19

I now have a new 4K HDR FireTV and have the same problem.

It is a resolution issue. If I set the FireTV resolution to 1080 then all is fine. If I set it to Auto or 2160 then MrMC is zoomed in and unusable.

But of course, if you set the FireTV to 1080 then 4K content is only shown in 1080. So there must be a change in the way the new FireTV handles 2160/HDR that MrMC is getting confused by.

mikehadfield

Post by mikehadfield » 04 Dec 2017, 18:24

davilla wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 13:40
can anyone adb in and fetch guisettings.xml ?

located at:

Code: Select all

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/.mrmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
I have sent you a PM.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 04 Dec 2017, 21:52

My firetv 4k arrived today :)