1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

App Zoomed in -- Cannot Zoom Out

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Elias Saba

Re: App Zoomed in -- Cannot Zoom Out

Post by Elias Saba »

Amazon is working on their own refresh rate switching, so there's some hope, but who knows when or if it'll get released. This could explain why the old way to switch isn't present on Fire OS 6.

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-working- ... eo-and-tv/
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

davilla wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 15:04 Just an update. Display issue is resolved. Now sorting out some playback issues.

An FYI, display switching is not possible on the new FireTV 4K device. It only presents one setting so we can not switch too any other. Complain to Amazon as the hw can certainly display switch but for some reason they picked not to allow it.
Getting closer :)
ninjojo17

Post by ninjojo17 »

Thank you for working on this and for the updates.
pmcdunnough

Post by pmcdunnough »

Hmm ... has this been fixed? Just received mine today and MrMC is unfortunately unusable ...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

This is a very tricky issue, every time I think I get close, I expand the options and something gets borked.

Currently, have it working but 4k/30fps or 4k/60fps stutters like mad.

Stick with 1080p in fireOS, then it will behave.
excaluber

Post by excaluber »

If we switch to 1080p, does that effect just the menus? Meaning will 4k content still play at 4k resolutions or will the firetv downsize the resolution to 1080p during playback?

Also, just wanted to say with my first post that I've been reading/lurking for awhile, and I really appreciate your efforts on this app. Its my preferred method of local playback.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

4k will play but will be downsized to 1080p. But hey, at least it gets something usable while I beat my head against the wall trying to resolve the issue with firetv 4k and not cause problems with older fireOS devices and Shield. Round and round we continue to go :)
geofiretv

Post by geofiretv »

Hello Davilla. Has there been a recent update on the Fire TV MrMc app (within the last 3-4 days)? I noticed that after the last FireTV 3 firmware update a couple days ago, the MrMc app does not start zoomed in any more. The Fire TV resolution is set to auto. Before the last fire tv update I had to set it to 1080p due to the zoom issue. I wonder if the last firmware update fixed something?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Humm, not sure. I've had my head buried in tvOS focus engine changes the last 3 weeks.

On the list to check.

EDIT: Mine is running version 6.2.1.2 (NS6212/926), rolled out a week or so ago.
Something did change regarding this. Have to take a closer look with unmodified code running.