1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

mrmc_env.properties not working in 3.2

Any issues that are FireTV specific
megamob

mrmc_env.properties not working in 3.2

Post by megamob »

I was successfully using mrmc_env.properties in version 3.1, I upgraded to 3.2 and it stopped working. After the upgrade, I could not get to the main menu of MrMC. The app would either dark-grey screen forever or just quick exit.

I first tried to just clear cache at the Amazon FireOS level, but that had no effect. I did get MrMC working again by clearing cache AND data at the Amazon FireOS. However, there were no files in the /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files directory and MrMC was using the internal sdcard.

I moved the .mrmc directory from the 'files' directory on internal sdcard to the 'files' directory on the external sdcard1 and ensured that my mrmc_env.properties pointed at the sdcard1 location. Once again, I got grey-screen hangs or quick exits from the application.

What am I doing wrong?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: mrmc_env.properties not working in 3.2

Post by davilla »

Humm, we changed nothing regarding mrmc_env.properties.

Did the FireTV OS update ?
megamob

Re: mrmc_env.properties not working in 3.2

Post by megamob »

So... the last OS update my FireTV received was over a month ago (September 21, 2017). I know that I set up MrMC initially the first week of October.

I haven't really done that much with MrMC yet, so I can try from scratch. Before I do, let's review the plan:
  1. uninstall MrMC
  2. delete mrmc_env.properties from the root of internal storage
  3. ensure the Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc directories on both internal and external sdcard storage locations are deleted
  4. re-install MrMC
  5. launch MrMC
  6. exit MrMC
  7. recreate mrmc_env.properties in the root of internal storage containing the single line

Code: Select all

xbmc.data=/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files
  8. move Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files directory from internal to external storage
  9. launch MrMC
Good plan?