1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Opacity skin questions

Any issues that are FireTV specific
sirmcftv

Opacity skin questions

Post by sirmcftv »

(1) Is there a way to have a Quit/Exit button that fully exits the app? Sometimes PVR manager just sits there spinning and the only way to get it to work again seems to be to restart MrMC but there's no easy way to do it, I have to go through the Fire TV settings and force stop the app.

(2) Is it possible to see media information, e.g. video format, number of audio channels/format, etc.?

Not sure whether there's an expert mode for the skin that shows more info, but it seems in an effort to simplify the skin, a few features have been removed or hidden so well that I can't find them anymore.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Opacity skin questions

Post by davilla »

1) Already exists for all except for iOS/tvOS. However, if something is hanging MrMC (like PVR), a forced quit is the only way out.

2)Media Info should be there already but there seems to be some issue when some get it, some don't. This is something we are trying to track down.
sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv »

davilla wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 22:27 1) Already exists for all except for iOS/tvOS. However, if something is hanging MrMC (like PVR), a forced quit is the only way out.
How do you fully exit the app on Android (Fire TV)? I can't find a Quit menu/button.
2)Media Info should be there already but there seems to be some issue when some get it, some don't. This is something we are trying to track down.
It seems that if you go to Media Sources and to the video files then you get the info at the bottom, but not when you browse Movies > Recently Added for example, you just get the movie rating at the bottom but not actual info on the media file.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

On home screen, there should be a 'quit' entry showing at the bottom.
sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv »

davilla wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 11:24 On home screen, there should be a 'quit' entry showing at the bottom.
There isn't one for me. The left side menu ends with Settings and at the very bottom there's the scrolling RSS news feed.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I have 3.2.0 on Shield that has quit, i'll dig out FireTV to test
sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv »

amet wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 16:02 I have 3.2.0 on Shield that has quit, i'll dig out FireTV to test
I found that if I long-press the Back button on the remote a new screen shows up with an Exit menu. Why is it different from the Shield?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

sirmcftv wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 16:13
amet wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 16:02 I have 3.2.0 on Shield that has quit, i'll dig out FireTV to test
I found that if I long-press the Back button on the remote a new screen shows up with an Exit menu. Why is it different from the Shield?
its not, I have Firetv 2 running 3.2.0 and quit menu is there
sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv »

amet wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 16:16
sirmcftv wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 16:13
its not, I have Firetv 2 running 3.2.0 and quit menu is there
Mine is version 3.1.0 compiled Sep 10 and it does not have it. That's the latest in the app store, so maybe it got fixed in newer builds?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Yeah it was gone in 3.1 but put back in 3.2.