1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV 2nd gen - multi channel PCM audio

Any issues that are FireTV specific
sirmcftv

Fire TV 2nd gen - multi channel PCM audio

Post by sirmcftv »

My struggles with the Fire TV and multi channel PCM audio continue. Posted elsewhere here in the forums, I asked about the Fire TV 1st gen + Denon AVR-3808CI. @davilla has graciously looked at logs and I think the conclusion was there was something messed up in the Fire OS which resulted only in 2-channel PCM instead of multi-channel. The only way to make it work is to enable transcoding to DD.

Now I have another setup: Denon AVR-X2400H and Fire TV 2nd gen 4K. I tried playing a video with AAC 7.1 audio. The sound is a mess, all I get is 2 channels of garbled audio. In this case too, the way to get it to work is to enable transcoding to DD. What should my expectations be with this setup so I don't waste time trying various settings and losing my sanity in the process?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Fire TV 2nd gen - multi channel PCM audio

Post by davilla »

On my Denon, multichannel works just fine, MrMC is set to 7.1 channels.
sirmcftv

Post by sirmcftv »

Great. Love it when it's my problem only :(

Which Denon do you have? Also, are you on the latest Fire TV 2nd gen OS update? Have you tried AAC 7.1? I think I read somewhere the Fire TV can't handle 7.1 well or at all, but I don't recall the entire scenario.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Also you might diddle with IEC setting, some amps want IEC on, some want it off.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Denon AVR-3200W and FireTV2 is running the latest update.

As for AAC 7.1, got a sample ?