1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

FireTV 3rd gen - what can we expect in terms of HD audio formats?

Any issues that are FireTV specific
sirmcftv

FireTV 3rd gen - what can we expect in terms of HD audio formats?

Post by sirmcftv »

I understand nobody knows for sure yet as the hardware is not out in the wild, but based on the specs and the new Fire OS being based on Android N, is it reasonable to expect that maybe, finally, HD audio formats will pass through to AVRs?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: FireTV 3rd gen - what can we expect in terms of HD audio formats?

Post by davilla »

sirmcftv wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 13:57 I understand nobody knows for sure yet as the hardware is not out in the wild, but based on the specs and the new Fire OS being based on Android N, is it reasonable to expect that maybe, finally, HD audio formats will pass through to AVRs?
In theory, similar to NVidia Shield. But until we actually get one and try it, who knows what Amazon screwed up :)
edgarcillo

Re: FireTV 3rd gen - what can we expect in terms of HD audio formats?

Post by edgarcillo »

davilla wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 15:24
sirmcftv wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 13:57 I understand nobody knows for sure yet as the hardware is not out in the wild, but based on the specs and the new Fire OS being based on Android N, is it reasonable to expect that maybe, finally, HD audio formats will pass through to AVRs?
In theory, similar to NVidia Shield. But until we actually get one and try it, who knows what Amazon screwed up :)
So know that the Fire TV 3 or 2.5 has been out for a couple months, do we know if we are able to get HD audio and Atmos from it with MrMc?