1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby digital and DTS audio passthrough not working  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are FireTV specific
papak011

Dolby digital and DTS audio passthrough not working

Post by papak011 » 03 Aug 2017, 19:34

I'm new on Fire TV stick (FireOS 5.2.4.1) and tried with Plex client to see my videos fro, Plex server. Because not working DD and DTS I bought MrMC today (3.0.9) but I have no luck with DD and DTS. My receiver Onkyo play only stereo. They are mostly MKV files with DD 5.1. MrMC show properly audio track format but my receiver Onkyo play only stereo 2.0. Fire TV stick is in HDMI of Onkyo receiver. I read many post here and tried everything without luck.

The EXPERT setting on system/Audio output are set to defaults except for number of channels (changed to 5.1):
number of channels 5.1
output config optimized
stereo upmix off
maintain original volume on
boost center 0db
resample quality medium
keep audio alive 1 minute
play gui sounds only when playback stopped
enable passthrough on
passtrough iec tried with on and off without success
ac3 receiver on
e-ac3 receiver on
dts receiver on

Any hint what could be wrong? And sorrx for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.

cosmoxl

Re: Dolby digital and DTS audio passthrough not working  [SOLVED]

Post by cosmoxl » 03 Aug 2017, 20:59

papak011 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 19:34
I'm new on Fire TV stick (FireOS 5.2.4.1) and tried with Plex client to see my videos fro, Plex server. Because not working DD and DTS I bought MrMC today (3.0.9) but I have no luck with DD and DTS. My receiver Onkyo play only stereo. They are mostly MKV files with DD 5.1. MrMC show properly audio track format but my receiver Onkyo play only stereo 2.0. Fire TV stick is in HDMI of Onkyo receiver. I read many post here and tried everything without luck.

The EXPERT setting on system/Audio output are set to defaults except for number of channels (changed to 5.1):
number of channels 5.1
output config optimized
stereo upmix off
boost center 0db
resample quality medium
enable passthrough on
ac3 receiver on
e-ac3 receiver on
dts receiver on

Thanks in advance.
In Settings>Video>Playback is sync playback to display on? If that's on it'll prevent passthrough.

papak011

Re: Dolby digital and DTS audio passthrough not working

Post by papak011 » 04 Aug 2017, 09:59

cosmoxl wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 20:59
papak011 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 19:34

number of channels 5.1
output config optimized
stereo upmix off
boost center 0db
resample quality medium
enable passthrough on
ac3 receiver on
e-ac3 receiver on
dts receiver on

Thanks in advance.
In Settings>Video>Playback is sync playback to display on? If that's on it'll prevent passthrough.
Never mind. I tried all audio settings but this ... Switched off an D/DTS play fine. Thank you very much cosmoxl