1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

sharing data with Kodi

Any issues that are FireTV specific
theRCRH

sharing data with Kodi

Post by theRCRH » 24 Jun 2017, 00:50

I know that MRMC & Kodi can be set up to share a mySQL database and I'm wondering if other items in the userdata folder can be shared between the two apps. In particular I'm wondering if the thumbnails folder can be shared between the two.

I currently have my thumbnails on my USB drive and have used the following in my advancedsettings.xml
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://thumbnails/</from>
<to>/storage/usbdisk/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/.mrmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

If I use the same substitution in my kodi advancedsettings will I be able to cut down on storage usage?

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: sharing data with Kodi

Post by davilla » 24 Jun 2017, 03:10

theRCRH wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 00:50
I know that MRMC & Kodi can be set up to share a mySQL database and I'm wondering if other items in the userdata folder can be shared between the two apps. In particular I'm wondering if the thumbnails folder can be shared between the two.

I currently have my thumbnails on my USB drive and have used the following in my advancedsettings.xml
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<to>/storage/usbdisk/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/.mrmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

If I use the same substitution in my kodi advancedsettings will I be able to cut down on storage usage?
Nope, Sharing data between apps is not supported. "/storage/usbdisk/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc" is only accessible by the app with the signature 'tv.mrmc.mrmc', ie. MrMC.

theRCRH

Post by theRCRH » 25 Jun 2017, 13:26

davilla wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 03:10
theRCRH wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 00:50

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Nope, Sharing data between apps is not supported. "/storage/usbdisk/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc" is only accessible by the app with the signature 'tv.mrmc.mrmc', ie. MrMC.
What if I put the data somewhere that both apps can access? Is the naming convention that is used the same in both apps?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 25 Jun 2017, 14:15

Android OS (FireOS) enforces the access permissions. As far as I know, there is no place on an external disk that allows general access under fireOS.