1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Can't Scrape Metadata Info after Last MrMC Update

Any issues that are FireTV specific
H2O Surfer

Can't Scrape Metadata Info after Last MrMC Update

Post by H2O Surfer » 11 Jun 2017, 16:00

Hello,

MrMC was updated on my Amazon Fire TV within the last 10 days. Since then however, it will not scrape title metadata anymore - neither automatically, nor manually. When doing so manually, it says it can't find the title. I was very careful to have the exact name of the movie as it would be recognized by the likes of imdb, tmdb, etc., when performing a manual search, but it still won't find any matches. Also, there's no way to escape the lookup if it can't find a match.

Did the default look-up site get changed? I don't know what it should be if it did, since it worked so flawlessly before the last update. Not sure if this issue is even related to the update, but I use cover art and movie information a lot with MrMC and my local library, and would appreciate any help in resolving this.

Thank you kindly. :)

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Can't Scrape Metadata Info after Last MrMC Update

Post by davilla » 11 Jun 2017, 16:17

Some metadata scrapper APIs changed on us. The fix is already in testflight for v3.0.7 and we are waiting to see Siri Remote changes feedback from testers. If it looks like there issues with this, we will pop out v3.0.7 without the Siri Remote changes to get metadata scraping working again.

H2O Surfer

Post by H2O Surfer » 11 Jun 2017, 19:53

Excellent news hearing there's a fix already. Thanks so much for the quick reply - and for your great app!

Dave_O

Post by Dave_O » 17 Jun 2017, 11:39

I had the same issue. Switching from tmdb to the Universal Movie Scraper and rebuilding the metadata seemed to fix it.