1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MKV VC-1 dropped frames

Any issues that are FireTV specific
marsdust

MKV VC-1 dropped frames

Post by marsdust » 04 Apr 2017, 22:41

Hello, just having a bit of frustration with dropped frames when playing VC-1 in MKV container on FireTV G2. Tried default settings, uninstalled and installed again. Typically drop 5-14 frames for the first few minutes and always consistent. Have SPMC 16.6.0 side-loaded and they play fine but would rather use MrMc and not sideload. Have log file. Assuming FireTV cannot H/W accelerate VC-1 but quite sure they played fine a few versions back. Only get the issue with VC-1. Any help appreciated.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: MKV VC-1 dropped frames

Post by davilla » 05 Apr 2017, 04:23

debuglog, firetv should have no issues with vc1

marsdust

Post by marsdust » 05 Apr 2017, 08:38

https://pastebin.com/HUc7Dw5Y

Update: SPMC is dropping too but not as severe. To rule out my network connected up Raspberry Pi 3 and installed LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR and it is playing them all fine. So really not sure whats going on now. Will have to just use the Pi :shock:

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 10 Apr 2017, 12:44

says private paste, I can't see it.

marsdust

Post by marsdust » 10 Apr 2017, 17:17

Sorry, try again, thanks! Have also since tried a short test playing from USB and same problem. Drops always in same place and repeatable.

waldo22

Post by waldo22 » 29 May 2017, 03:08

Just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to determine anything from marsdust's debug log.

I don't have a lot of VC-1 content, but Star Wars: Clone Wars TV series is jerky enough to not be watchable.

Almost everything else works fine.

I can drop off episodes on a USB stick if that would help.

-Wes

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 29 May 2017, 11:03

Opps, fell off the radar. I've created an github issue to remind us.

https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/issues/29

waldo22

Post by waldo22 » 08 Oct 2017, 17:24

I wanted to follow up on this.

Just set down to watch Wonder Woman (2009 cartoon) with my family, and it's un-watchable. It's also VC-1. Video is terribly jerky, and audio is out of sync. Eventually (5 min. or so?) audio drops out altogether.

It's too small of a sample set to extrapolate to all VC-1 content in an MKV container, but at the very least both animated titles I've tried show this behavior (Wonder Woman and Star Wars: Clone Wars). Unfortunately these are also family favorites.

Interestingly, disabling Mediacodec and Mediacodec (surface) made no difference, so it's acting as if it's not using Hardware Acceleration at all.

Tried it with Kodi and it also doesn't work, however I seem to remember Kodi 15 working.

I'll try again and report back.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 08 Oct 2017, 19:02

waldo22 wrote:
08 Oct 2017, 17:24
I wanted to follow up on this.

Just set down to watch Wonder Woman (2009 cartoon) with my family, and it's un-watchable. It's also VC-1. Video is terribly jerky, and audio is out of sync. Eventually (5 min. or so?) audio drops out altogether.

It's too small of a sample set to extrapolate to all VC-1 content in an MKV container, but at the very least both animated titles I've tried show this behavior (Wonder Woman and Star Wars: Clone Wars). Unfortunately these are also family favorites.

Interestingly, disabling Mediacodec and Mediacodec (surface) made no difference, so it's acting as if it's not using Hardware Acceleration at all.

Tried it with Kodi and it also doesn't work, however I seem to remember Kodi 15 working.

I'll try again and report back.
I just tried VC-1 samples on my fire tv 2nd gen. It doesn't use mediacodec, only ff-vc1. That's why it can't handle much.

But, I do seem to recall that in the past the fire tv did hardware decoding of vc1, or maybe my memory is just off.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 08 Oct 2017, 22:08

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire- ... tions.html

No hw vc1 on firetv, any of them including the new one. Unless ffmpeg devs add more neon, there is not much hope for solid vc1 on this device.