1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Sync to display and 50 Hz doing 3:2 pull down instead of frame doubling (and the 4 % speed increase needed)

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Spindel

Sync to display and 50 Hz doing 3:2 pull down instead of frame doubling (and the 4 % speed increase needed)

Post by Spindel » 26 Nov 2016, 07:52

So for various reasons (mainly living in europe and wanting european streaming channels) i have my ATV set to 50 Hz since i can't stand the stutter when playing back 50 Hz content on 60 Hz.

It works pretty well for me when playing back movies that are in 24 fps (or 23,9whatever). Normally you just notice ocational stutter on paning scenes, but for me it actually isn't a big deal in those cases.

But i decided to play around with the sync to display option and noticed (obvious) stutter from the 3:2 pull down when the ATV output is set to 50 Hz. The resampeled audiosignal to my AVR is also marked as 3:2 and i experience stuttering sound as well as stutering video.

If i set my ATV output to 60 Hz everything works as expected when sync to display i enabeled.

While fiddling around i noticed that the display information in "system information" menu shows my display as "1920x1080@0.00Hz". In other words MRMC does not seem to detect what refreahrate is set on the ATV. Is this corelated to MRMC always doing 3:2 pulldown, or is it a limitation in ATV api?

As i said, this is not a big deal, but is it possible to make MRMC detect refreshrate and either chose frame doubling and 4% speed up or 3:2 pulldown depending on what refreshrate is set?

In an ideal world it would be alowed to switch refreshrate on playback (like in regular kodi) or that I could chose different refresh rates for different apps upon launch.