1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Issues and Issues  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Hackurs

Issues and Issues

Post by Hackurs »

Hey guys, reaching out in the hopes that you can help me with this app. I really appreciate that there's a great Kodi port for the Apple 4K TV, and it has a lot of potential and great features, but I'm plagued by several recurring issues that I can't seem to overcome, so I'm turning to those more knowledgeable than myself.

1. I'm having to restart the app last least once a day, often two to three times, to get any movies to play. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the movies that have issues, and it's any movie I try.

2. When choosing the option "Show on Home Screen" for any of the media sources, it doesn't work, regardless of the skin.

3. Grouping movies into sets doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks for the help guys!
eazytv

Re: Issues and Issues

Post by eazytv »

What is your setup? You sure your Server/NAS is responding correctly? Aside of that, a debuglog will help.
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

eazytv wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 04:20 What is your setup? You sure your Server/NAS is responding correctly? Aside of that, a debuglog will help.
QNAP TS-873 NAS through a Portal gateway via Cat6 line, to the Apple 4K TV. After that, it goes through a Denon AVR-S740H to the TV. It seems to be application dependent, as I can use Kodi or Infuse, and they'll play the exact same movie/show without any issue. I initially gave the NAS minutes, thinking the same thing, that maybe the hard drives has to spool up, but to no avail. I also tried to see if skipping forward would help, maybe reset the buffer, but also no luck. What is interesting, is that it DOES show the proper scene on the display, as though the chapter skipping is working, but it just doesn't play from there.

I'm fairly tech savvy, but admittedly fairly unfamiliar with this program, and only mildly competent in Kodi itself, so how would I create, access, and export that debug log? If there's anything else I can do or let you know, please let me know. Thanks for the help!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

1. Clicking on the debuglog <- link has the instructions on how to get it

2. Show on home screen will only work on opacity and Ariana and only on sources that are not in a library

3. You have enabled the sets grouping in the settings? System -> video -> group movies in sets
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

amet wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 16:36 1. Clicking on the debuglog <- link has the instructions on how to get it

2. Show on home screen will only work on opacity and Ariana and only on sources that are not in a library

3. You have enabled the sets grouping in the settings? System -> video -> group movies in sets
Yessir, grouping in sets is enabled. I tried the sources in libraries, and out of libraries, just in case, and they never showed. Definitely using Ariana as my main skin, but I did switch to the other ones to see if there was any change, just in case. No joy there either unfortunately. Enabling debug logging now.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Hm, odd... did you add movies to groups? Not all scrapers have that ability.

What source are you adding to home, it’s not the same one you created library with? It works here so we need to figure out what the bug is or what step is missing
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

Here is the debug log from the restart. Let me know if I should do anything else. Thanks again for the help guys!

https://pastebin.com/Tq09s7AP
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

amet wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 16:51 Hm, odd... did you add movies to groups? Not all scrapers have that ability.

What source are you adding to home, it’s not the same one you created library with? It works here so we need to figure out what the bug is or what step is missing
No sir, I created the library from the movies and TV Shows folders on the NAS. The two folders I'm trying to add to the home screen are from the other server in my office that run the DVR and "rentals" folders, which haven't been assigned a content type, only added as a Media Source in Videos.

I did try adding the Movies folder to groups. I'm using The Movie Database scraper, if that helps. It's set to Scan Recursively, and all other options are unchecked. The only Setting enabled is "Get Fanart", and the languages are English and US, with the Rating coming from TMDb.
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

Heads up, belay the group sorting issue. I disabled, and re-enabled it, and now it's working. Apologies about that. Have NO idea what happened there. The other two issues confirmed, still exist.
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

Bump. Nothing has changed, still having to restart 2-3x/day, and can't get sources to show on the home screen.