1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

sudden Strange Behavior from remote, work around found.

Any issues that are tvOS specific
metaman

sudden Strange Behavior from remote, work around found.

Post by metaman »

First of all, if this has come up I apologize I didn't see anything matching my problem.

Basically, I can play anything that is in my library (ie, movies and shows that have metadata) I cannot seem to play videos that don't have data, our video files, random movies files. etc.

the file type does not matter
there's nothing funky in the names.

I connect to MrMC a couple ways, I use a siri remote and the kore kodi remote ios app.

all our movies are stored on a NAS.

we have an apple tv 4, been running for a long time.

Everything's been working perfectly, until this evening while my son was messing around with the kore ios app, using the "remote control" (screen with up down left right, next track , play pause etc). when all of a sudden the video he wanted wouldn't play. you could see the cursor flash and click, but the file wouldn't play. ok so now, I cant play a movie file that isnt from the tvdb and tmdb world, this occurs on both the kore remote and the siri remote.

So I tried rebooting the NAS, removing and reinstalling MrMC. didnt fix the problem.

I found something odd after reinstalling. when I access a folder for the first time, I can play a video, but just the 1st time. then it just "clicks" and does nothing. I found I can play any video if I hold select button until the context menu comes up and choose "play from this location" the file would play but obviously this isn't practical. any file that shows up in my library, tv shows and movies behaves normally.

thanks for reading, thanks for any help

Meta
Last edited by metaman on 18 Oct 2018, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: sudden Strange Behavior from remote

Post by davilla »

debuglog please
metaman

Post by metaman »

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Feel like getting into TestFlight? Some of it might be fixed

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4494

If TestFlight doesn’t fix it for you, see below

Issue is with the setting for “select”, Siri pad click. Default behavior is now changed to info and that obviously doesn’t work well on non library items.

Settings -> videos-> filelists -> default select and change it from info to play
metaman

Post by metaman »

If its easy enough to install on TvOS , sure.

but Id like to point out this setup worked for months and months and even just a minute before the problems started occurring.. ,

My son was messing with the KORE app on an iphone controlling MrMC on TvOS, id like to note that since connecting to the reinstall of MrMC my connection on the hosts screen is yellow instead of green.. I imagine its all related.

Anyway to fix my all vanilla setup of MrMC? I guess I could do a factory restore of the apple TV 4 and see if that fixes it..

thanks
metaman

Post by metaman »

So I just did a full system reset.

Videos seem to play, just in case mrmc doesnt like the folder location, I moved my folder of random video files out of my tv series parent folder.

Pretty painless work around, if a fix isn't easy. I'd call it solved, until my son figures out how to break it again.

Thanks for the help.
Metaman