1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

wifi streaming

Any issues that are tvOS specific
notlbishop

wifi streaming

Post by notlbishop »

hi, having a few issues streaming HEVC over wifi even though everything suggests it should be possible.

appletv speedtest app shows 350mbps download which is my external internet speed

i have tried serving the files from multiple sources over SMB and NFS and all served over gigabit ethernet. transferring files to and from these sources using a laptop are all above required speeds (30-70MB/s)

so this shows the files i'm streaming which go up to 70mbps should be able to be streamed over wifi shouldn't they?
Spindel

Re: wifi streaming

Post by Spindel »

70 MB/s is 560 mbps (meaning more than 350 mbps).

But I suspect the issue lies more with your home network than MrMC.

Do you have the possibility to move your ATV closer to the router (or AP) just to test and see if that solves your problem?
notlbishop

Re: wifi streaming

Post by notlbishop »

no no there's no video file encoded at 70MB/s :)

the video files are around 70mb/s. i can transfer to and from these sources at 70MB/s. the atv has shown it can download externally at 350mb/s so would expect internally to be even faster but it isn't but can't see a reason why that is..