1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Crashing when setting up music source

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Grumpy1954

Crashing when setting up music source

Post by Grumpy1954 »

Hi,
I've just got a nice shiny ATV 4k, after quite a few years with a Fire TV, and before that the various incarnations of XBMC on Macs. I've been using Kodi on the AFTV and consider myself to be pretty competent with it.

I have looked at MrMC before, although not in any great depth. But it appeals to me as it seems much more straightforward and does not come with all the rather dubious baggage that Kodi not seems to have acquired.

My issue is that every time I try to set up the music library it crashes back to the Apple TV home screen. I should stress that this only happens with music, movies and photograph sources were set up every bit as easily as I would have expected.

The really frustrating, and puzzling, thing is that is that all the source folders are on the NAS, and are all subfolders of the same folder, named multimedia. So I am at a complete loss as to why I can set up two media sources, but not the third.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling, no luck. I have enabled libdsm, when I enabled libsmb2 it will not go past the browse for new share page. I've ploughed through the forum but have been unable to find anything referring to this issue.

As a comparison I have installed Plex, even though I don't much like it, and it has loaded the music library without a hitch.

I'm perfectly prepared to be told that I've overlooked something perfectly obvious, and a several different sorts of a plonker. That would be a small price to pay to preserve my sanity.

I've probably not explained this very well, but all comments, suggestions and pitying smiles very welcome.

https://pastebin.com/SQj1zNLJ
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Crashing when setting up music source

Post by amet »

hm, thats odd...

could you get the debuglog old please after it crashes and you start it again, log you attached doesn't have the session that crashed
Grumpy1954

Post by Grumpy1954 »

Thanks for the reply, and for confirming that it's odd. My sanity lives to fight another day.

Old crash log as requested

https://pastebin.com/94vhYeV1
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Nothing in the log to indicate why it crashed...

Are the video sources, the ones that work, on the same server as the music ones?

I see you are connecting to both, NAS-1 and MacBook
Grumpy1954

Post by Grumpy1954 »

Thanks again

Everything is on the same server, in fact they're one after the other

Nas-1/multimedia/itunes
movies
photographs

can try and post a video of what happens if that helps
Grumpy1954

Post by Grumpy1954 »

Is there are file number limit?

It is a stupidly large music collection
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

No, there is no file limit... but it’s possible that we have a memory leak and it crashes due to the multiple leaks

Yes, let’s see the video please.... send it to support @ mrmc .tv
Grumpy1954

Post by Grumpy1954 »

Video sent, thanks again for trying to sort this out
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Got it, thanks!
Grumpy1954

Post by Grumpy1954 »

Ok, so far the moving the music from the folder to the new one seems to be doing the trick.

On a different note, is it possible to have the album art showing when music is playing? It seems to be there for a while and then disappears.

If it isn't, fair enough, but it'd be a nice feature.

Once again many thanks for all your help