1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

LiveTV and SMB shares to PC server not working.

Any issues that are tvOS specific
animeking

Re: LiveTV and SMB shares to PC server not working.

Post by animeking »

Does MrMC for tvOS support SMB v2/3? Is the connection reliable? Does SMB v1 work better?
animeking

Post by animeking »

FYI, I just realized what’s happened.

Win10 by default does not enable SMB v1 as mentioned, as of the 1803 Update.

It does support SMB v2/3. I’ve managed to get it working without having to re-enable v1, which you don’t want to do for security reasons.

SMB v1 just needed the following: smb://SERVERNAME

You did not need a password in some cases.

SMB v2/3 now requires the following: smb://SERVERNAME/SHARENAME with username and password.

You cannot just enter the server as the share. The server/share folder intersection is now the share. You may have folders underneath the top share folder, but you must include at least one share folder under the server to connect via SMB v2.

Give that a try, hope it works.
jessieba

Post by jessieba »

And which OS do you use? If we are talking about Windows 10, then this is very strange. Independence of programs from external devices. Windows-the program can access external devices only through Windows, which removes from developers all the problems of ensuring compatibility with specific external devices. So if you have a problem on this particular OS, then it misleads me. I advise everyone to install this OS. In addition, you can always find activation keys for it using the site mysoftwarekeys.com .