1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Remote Controls

Any issues that are tvOS specific
aerogems

Remote Controls

Post by aerogems »

Currently I am using a Shield TV, but with its ongoing issues with colorspace mapping, which only the ATV seems to have down, I'm looking into the ATV, but I want to use it with my Harmony Hub remote.

There's no way to translate the swipe actions of the Apple Siri remote to a button on a Harmony remote, so what does that mean as far as using a Harmony Hub to control MrMC? Does the tvOS version still respond to inputs like the Android version? Anyone have any experience using a combo of Harmony Hub + MrMC + ATV4k?
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Remote Controls

Post by amet »

Harmony on appletv will behave as if you tap the edges of a Siri remote
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

aerogems wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 22:46 Anyone have any experience using a combo of Harmony Hub + MrMC + ATV4k?
I use them in 4 of my TVs, and they work great with MrMC.
aerogems

Post by aerogems »

timstephens24 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 23:45I use them in 4 of my TVs, and they work great with MrMC.
Did you have to do anything special besides pair the hub with the ATV? Like the whole remote learning thing I see referenced. Also, out of curiosity, have you tried setting up your Harmony Hub like a keyboard to be able to directly access parts of MrMC that might normally take a couple of steps to get to with the Siri remote? I found with my current Shield TV, I had to add a Windows computer device to be able to get at some of the features of Kodi, like the CodecInfo window.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

No, nothIng special, but I don't have it set up as a Bluetooth keyboard because I don't think that works like it does on the Shield to extend functionality and give you more buttons, like a key for CodecInfo.
aerogems

Post by aerogems »

So maybe someone can help me out here. I have an ATV4K, Harmony Hub with Home Companion remote, and for the life of me I can't get even some basic things to work.

I can get basic navigation to work, but then when I go into MrMC, for example, I can't figure out how to pull up things like the play time window without also pausing the video at the same time. I can never seem to replicate it reliably, but I can occasionally get the CodecInfo window to show up. Same goes for the OSD window. Can't seem to get to that with the Harmony remote.

I've tried setting up two devices for the ATV. One using the old method of sending IR commands, and then also the newer BT control. Same thing regardless. I tried "learning" a new remote, but it keeps telling me that the down button is already in use. I even tried playing with the keymap editor which was included, but finding a key that the system will actually recognize is a bit of a challenge... How they managed to get around that FCC rule about being required to accept all input I don't know, just the same as how they get away with having the FCC and CE logos in software, but another topic for another time... I don't think my "requirements" are all that stringent. I want to be able to see how far along in a video I am, be able to pull up the OSD for things like subtitles, and ideally be able to also call up the CodecInfo window, but I could probably live without that if I had to. Each of these would be assigned to a separate button on the remote.

I am really hoping there's something stupid and obvious that I'm missing here and someone can point it out for me.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

If what you are mentioning at the end of your post is all you need - I would recommend sticking to Siri remote. Codec info should probably be available in drop down menu in next update. If you have decided to go with harmony- you may want to check if switching to “Siri expert mode” in settings suits you better.
aerogems

Post by aerogems »

The problem with that, is I have a very convoluted setup. TV, AV Receiver, 5 game consoles, and one set top box. If it were just TV + ATV then sure, even adding in just the receiver I could use CEC, but I need to be able to change inputs between the 5 game consoles and the set top box, so I'm stuck with the Harmony unless I can come up with a way to change inputs on my receiver without having a collection of remotes I need to juggle... or getting up and changing it manually like a sucker. :P

I'll give the expert mode settings a go a little later. Thanks for the suggestion.
kaylward

Post by kaylward »

Did you have to do anything special besides pair the hub with the ATV? Like the whole remote learning thing I see referenced. Also, out of curiosity, have you tried setting up your Harmony Hub like a keyboard to be able to directly access parts of MrMC that might normally take a couple of steps to get to with the Siri remote? I found with my current Shield TV, I had to add a Windows computer device to be able to get at some of the features of Kodi, like the CodecInfo window.
On the ATV side I found that it works best (most like the Apple TV remote) when you set it up with their special Bluetooth device.. Details here https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/har ... #appleTVBT