1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMc Apple TV App crashes on video play  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are tvOS specific
MikeUnderwood

MrMc Apple TV App crashes on video play

Post by MikeUnderwood » 29 Sep 2018, 18:11

Hi,

I have an Apple TV 4th Gen (not 4K) with the MrMC app that I have set up to stream videos. The media server is a Plex Server running on a Sinology NAS. This is all new to me and I got it working and we watched a couple of videos on the Apple TV yay!

Now that its working, I added a new movie that we got to our library and Plex picked it up fine and MrMC shows the Movie in the recently added like it should. The problem is now that when ever I go to a play a movie even one that we have watched before the app comes up with the loading icon for a second or four and then bounces out to the Apple TV home screen.

I enabled logging, but when I go back in to look at the logs in the App the only thing that shows there is the MrMc app starting so the logs are not much help.

My Apple TV is set to auto updates, and the latest update 12.0.1 has been applied, MrMC is 3.7.0 has anyone else had a problem with the 12.0.1 Apple TV update, or have any suggestions on how to get MrMc working again?

Thank you,
Mike

amet
Team MrMC

Re: MrMc Apple TV App crashes on video play

Post by amet » 29 Sep 2018, 18:15

Try debuglog old, that shows the log for a previous session.

Edit: I am running 12.0.1 and 3.7.0 with no issues with plex or mrmc library

MikeUnderwood

Re: MrMc Apple TV App crashes on video play  [SOLVED]

Post by MikeUnderwood » 29 Sep 2018, 18:37

Thank you, I have that logging setting and nothing but MrMc started shows.

Glad to know it’s working for you, based on that I uninstalled the MrMc app and reinstalled it on my Apple TV and it is working again.

Thank you,
Mike