1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Universal Movie Scraper won't get iMDB info

Any issues that are tvOS specific
jorgo1

Universal Movie Scraper won't get iMDB info

Post by jorgo1 » 26 Sep 2018, 07:37

Hi there, I'm running the latest os, latest MrMC, on an ATV4. I can scrape TV series successfully, and scrape movies using "themovieDB scraper". But if I use the Universal Movie Scarper (the default), I only get fanart, posters, cast and movie title. No plot, no directors. As if the iMDB info doesn't come through.

I originally imported the DB from a Kodi MacOS export. Could it have broken the MrMC database somehow? The old items from Kodi showup fine. Anything new shows only the artwork.

jorgo1

Re: Universal Movie Scraper won't get iMDB info

Post by jorgo1 » 29 Sep 2018, 04:36

So I guess I'm the only one in the world with this problem? Lucky me!

Attached is a debug-log. There's only one error:"ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site".

But then some of the info is returned, and some of the functions return nothing:
ParseIMDBWriters,ParseIMDBDirectors,ParseIMDBPlot,ParseIMDBOutline

Any ideas?

https://pastebin.com/2iL8ksjw

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 29 Sep 2018, 05:22

we are looking into scraper issues, keep an eye out for a testflight thread if you would like to test

DarkoDDio

Post by DarkoDDio » 29 Sep 2018, 22:22

I have the same issue: I found that posters can be obtained enabling themoviedb.org option in Universal Movie Scraper settings.
But for plots, I tried all options: IMDB, IMDB outlines, OFDB.de, themoviedb.org (different languages tried) and OFDB is the only one working
I'm also getting few actors, sometimes just one, sometimes 2 or 3 instead of many

Moreover these are other errors that I see in the debug log:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Parse: Could not find scraper function GetTMDBLangSetByIdChain
ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
ERROR: Parse: Could not find scraper function GetTMDBLangThumbsByIdChain
ERROR: Parse: Could not find scraper function GetMoviePosterDBThumbs
ERROR: Parse: Could not find scraper function GetTMDBLangTrailerByIdChain
If this can help, I can tell you that it seems that the issue appeared after April 16th, because last movie saved in the movie folder on 16th April was fine, while the next one was saved in the same folder the day after is without plot, but actors, writers and other info are there
Writer info is there for a movie saved on July 22nd but disappeared on movies saved in July 23rd and later.
Hope this can help somehow

https://pastebin.com/iTn2nPnK