1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

ariana recorded tv file path

Any issues that are tvOS specific
mrmrfuller

ariana recorded tv file path

Post by mrmrfuller » 20 Sep 2018, 08:26

Hi.
This is a.novice question but im sturggling aftet some.decent reading. I want to add a recorded tv video folder icon to the home page but just cant work it out.

I presume im using the wrong file path convention?

Im using a libreelect backend with a usb hard drive used to save the recoridngs.

i thought it should have been as simple as ip address/hard drive name/folder in hard drive eg 192.168.1.8/mce/recorded tv

but it wont connect.

appreciate any guidance.

M

mrmrfuller

Re: ariana recorded tv file path

Post by mrmrfuller » 20 Sep 2018, 10:08

Ok sorted using sftp and password although for some reason the TV Shows folder which appears on the home screen doesnt have any content. Any suggestions?

I can manually add the recorded tv fodler to the home screen ok but not sure why TV Shows folder isnt populating.

No problems with movie folder.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 20 Sep 2018, 11:15

Tv shows on home screen is linked to the library, you need to add the source and set the content to tv shows... also file naming needs to be done right

Tvshows folder/some tvshow/season 1/some tvshow s01e17.mkv(or any video extension)

mrmrfuller

Post by mrmrfuller » 20 Sep 2018, 21:46

Oh ok. Thanks.

So if i added a folder for DVR recorded TV only, and set a scrapper to show artwork etc using tv show content, that will generate a TVShow folder... but it wont populate as the content name is not correct for dvr recordings....

So if i don't manually rename shows after the dvr records, that folder remains empty?

Additionally, is there a way to manually set the poster artwork? For example, the scrapper database does not have info for our local news, so icon remains blank.

Thanks.

mrmrfuller

Post by mrmrfuller » 21 Sep 2018, 22:27

Ok, I think my biggest problem is my confusion of the library setup – Can anyone provide guidance for an appropriate method?

Basically I use MRMC only as a DVR, but what is the bet way to access the recorded files from the home screen and keep all features? Here is my problem.

1. The TV Show folder (which appears if I add a video folder and assign a scrapper or content type as tv show) for some reason only shows tv recordings which the tv scrapping has information on. So if no scrapper info, the show doesn’t appear. Also this folder provides show series plots, but no individual episode plot.

2. If I try to add a folder of tv recordings, the easiest option is to select “Recordings” under the browse for new share, saves setting up an sftp or the like. This folder shows the tv recordings, no matter if scrapper has info or not. No series plot are provided in this file structure, however individual episode plots are there. This folder also does not show any artwork either scrapper or manual.

3. Adding a video folder, using sftp, ip address and log in details. This way shows all episodes even if no scrapper data. Allows me to show art work by manually placing thumbnail and fanart jps, it shows the series plot, however does not show individual episode plots. This method provides the most features, however it would be nice to have individual episode plots and not have the tv show folder on the home screen also.

I assume this is all due to a poor library setup by me, but cant seem to work it out.

Ideally I would have just one folder on the home screen for tv recordings which shows all content (scrapper or not), displays manually placed art work if scrapper cant find, displays series plots and individual episode plots.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 22 Sep 2018, 06:47

Ok, so library and dvr are two separate things... if you want to add recorded items to library they have to follow the naming structure I have mentioned earlier...

You can however access all your recordings via “TV” tab, depending on which skin you are using ... in opacity it’s on the left hidden menu, on Ariana it’s in the top pop up.

You didn’t say what PVR addon you are using

mrmrfuller

Post by mrmrfuller » 22 Sep 2018, 10:33

Thanks amet.

I am using tvheadend and libreelec backend.

I know you can access recordings in Ariana through the pop up, but it doesn't have the appealing artwork etc and it would be nice to have the folder on the home screen.

I see your post about file structure, however I note that two shows I have recorded and not renamed nor structured as suggested but did appear in the tv show section.

So to avoid manually renaming and placing in the file structure you suggest, does this only leave me with the recording pop up pathway with no art work etc?

Thanks again.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 22 Sep 2018, 13:43

What you can do is new in 3.7.0....

Go to media sources, add your recorded source(folder) name it as you like e.g. Recordings , and go through the source setup without setting up the content( it’s not a movie or tv show), leave it as “none”

Once that’s done, highlight the source and bring up the context menu by long holding select(Siri pad) and select option to show it on home.

That should add another entry on home screen named Recordings... hopefully that works

mrmrfuller

Post by mrmrfuller » 22 Sep 2018, 21:53

Thanks amet.

That does place the entry on the home screen, however there is no episode or series plot data or art work using this method.

I'm thinking what I want cant be done in this skin perhaps? i.e homescreen entry, plot and art work for recordings... I'm just comparing against the kodi skin titan on my pc which seems to do this by default....

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 23 Sep 2018, 05:06

this is not skin related unfortunately, something has to feed the skin all the information...

- if you use PVR Recordings then Tvheadend will have all the episode info and that will be shown

- if you rename it correctly, MrMC will recognise the episode and add it to library, all info will be shown

- if you just add the folder, then its just a list of items... no skin will know what it is

I suspect that the skin you are referring to has a home shortcut button to Pvr Recordings section