1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

3.7 and plex (and a question about opacity)

Any issues that are tvOS specific
pecinko
Team MrMC

Re: 3.7 and plex (and a question about opacity)

Post by pecinko » 20 Sep 2018, 13:30

Schweppy wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 11:07
Also thought I had this issue but since upgrading to 3.7 it now takes 30-40 seconds to show my Plex library on home screen where as pre update is was less than 5 seconds.
Is that 30 sec to see your media shelves or is it 30 sec before main menu appears?

whinette

Post by whinette » 20 Sep 2018, 18:43

(shield tv but the problem is similar)
30s until any server appear and the shelves are populated

Schweppy

Post by Schweppy » 20 Sep 2018, 19:58

Yep same on Apple TV 4K. Nothing for 30 seconds then server connects and home shelf populates.

Spindel

Post by Spindel » 21 Sep 2018, 04:30

Waiting does nothing for me.

I also saw in my own debug log that I get an error and can’t get the server name. Is this the issue?

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 21 Sep 2018, 05:42

Spindel wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 08:54
amet wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 04:38
Debuglog please
Log from my ATV4K here:
https://pastebin.com/i0qGrY77

I tried the official Plex app for the ATV4K and it has no problems connecting to the server.
It seems that you are using gdm to connect?

Could you please restart MrMC, sign out plex, disable gdm and manual plex login and try to pair plex server again using pin request sign-in only, and let us see the debuglog then

Spindel

Post by Spindel » 21 Sep 2018, 08:32

Ok so I have sorted my problems (kind of).

This is a bit of a long post so bear with me :)

Here is what I have found:

Firstly I used a Google account to sign in on plex. This morning I got 3 days worth of mail dropped in my inbox from gmail. This made me think ”aha, it might be a google problem”. As I was out I tried MrMC on my phone (after signing in again) and sure now it worked (on 4G, this is important).

When I get home I try the same on my ATV 4K but no luck still doesn’t work. Start the MrMC (or kodi or whatever) plex extension and that works (!), but the client refuses. At this point I whip out my iPhone (now on WiFi) and it doesn’t work. So I turn off the wifi on the phone and it works (!).

From this I conclude it must be something within my network causing the problem. So my first guess is one firewall setting in my router. I run DD-WRT so I go into the firewall and turn off ”Filter WAN NAT Redirection” and now everything works. Home shelf takes a couple of seconds to load (like before) and videos play etc.

So my question is what did you change in the code? Since the official app and the plex extension work without turning off firewall parameters.

Oh and now I have unlinked my google account from Plex :P

Schweppy

Post by Schweppy » 21 Sep 2018, 14:01

No such luck for me. Just tried on iPhone via WiFi and over cellular but it does the same. In fact using manual sign in I get no server at all.

Using pin it take 40 seconds minimum before anything appears.

Schweppy

Post by Schweppy » 21 Sep 2018, 14:05

Sorry manual sign in does work it just took well over 90 seconds before a server appeared in the list. Then I could manually select it for the home screen to populate.

mikehadfield

Post by mikehadfield » 21 Sep 2018, 15:09

Same here too (on a Shield TV). The 3.7.0 update installed today and I cannot get it to connect to my plex server. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, signing out of the plex server and signing in by both manual and pin methods. It just fails to see the server at all.

All was working fine on the previous version. The official plex app sees the plex server no problem. So does the app built into the tv. It's just MrMC that is not finding it.

linusbraun

Post by linusbraun » 22 Sep 2018, 10:23

When deactivating any secure connection option in plex explicitly, all works nicely on my ATV. Nothing of the above worked, just that has.