1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Skipping with 4k remote doesn't work right  [SOLVED]

Any issues that are tvOS specific
MrTTTT

Skipping with 4k remote doesn't work right

Post by MrTTTT » 26 Aug 2018, 10:04

Hi Everyone,

Is there a magic setting somewhere to make the 4k remote work correctly?
The expected behavior (same as the Apple player, Netflix, VLC, etc...) is that touching the middle area of the touch pad brings up the scrubber, whereas touching then pressing down on the right or left edge of the touch pad initiates a forward/backward skip.

With MrMC, touching the surface anywhere initiates a random skip in some direction, without even pressing down. This is incredibly unusable and annoying :( I hope there is a magic setting to make it all better.

Thanks,
MrT

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Skipping with 4k remote doesn't work right

Post by davilla » 26 Aug 2018, 12:50

which version ? and how do you have the remote setup ?

timstephens24

Re: Skipping with 4k remote doesn't work right  [SOLVED]

Post by timstephens24 » 26 Aug 2018, 13:47

Make sure that in 'Settings --> System --> Input Devices' that 'Enable Siri expert mode' is unchecked. This will make the Siri remote work like it would normally work in all other apps.

The only caveat to this is if you're using MrMC to play Live TV, then tapping will get channel changes, forward and backward skips, and much frustration still.

MrTTTT

Re: Skipping with 4k remote doesn't work right

Post by MrTTTT » 26 Aug 2018, 16:04

Thank you for saving my sanity!!! Turning off the Siri expert mode made the remote work almost the same as the standard Apple TV behavior. I looked around the settings a few times, but somehow I didn't spot this setting (I guess the name didn't look like anything to me :))